Vivo, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer is rolling out new smartphones every now and then. The company’s portfolio is increasing at a good pace, all thanks to the fierce competition in the smartphone market. If you are the owner of the Vivo Z1 Pro smartphone and are looking for ways to unlock the bootloader of the device then, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro (Official Method). Similar, to other smartphones, the Vivo Z1 Pro comes with a locked bootloader. Moreover, the device runs on the custom FunTouch OS out of the box so, it is easy to unlock its bootloader.
If you are new to rooting, then you must understand that first, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device and then install a custom recovery like TWRP to root the device. Also, rooting allows the user to go ahead and install restricted apps, mod apps, install custom OS like Lineage OS, etc on the device. Note that the unlocking of the bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, it is better to allow the warranty period to get over and then unlock it. However, if you do not want to wait then, you can follow this guide on how to unlock bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro (Official Method).
Vivo Z1 Pro – Device Overview
The Vivo Z1 Pro is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712AIE octa-core processor which is paired with 4/6GB of RAM. In the display department, it sports a 6.53 inches Full HD+ display with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolutions. It runs on the Android 9 Pie out of the box with the FunTouch UI on top. The device also has the Adreno 616 GPU for powerful gaming and graphics performance.
In the camera section, it has a triple camera setup that houses 16MP+8MP+ 2MP lens which comprises of a wide, telephoto, and an ultra-wide sensor. In the front, you get a 32MP selfie camera which is housed under the punch-hole display. One interesting feature of the device is that the device comes with a massive non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery and supports fast battery charging 18W.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro (Official Method)
Before we begin the unlocking of the bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro, let us take a deep look at what is a bootloader and what advantages or disadvantages you get, once you unlock it;
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
- You can install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- You can also root your device.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP.
- After unlocking the bootloader, it voids the warranty of your device.
- You will no longer receive the official OTA updates.
- You can brick your device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
- To Unlock Bootloader on Vivo V1 Pro smartphone via ADB Fastboot, you need a laptop or PC.
- Make sure to keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- It is highly recommended you to take a complete backup of your device internal data. All of your device data will delete.
- You need a USB cable to connect your device with PC.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro
- First of all, you need to enable the Developer Options on your Vivo Z1 Pro.
- Go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock option as well.
- To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable USB Debugging.
- Follow the same procedure to enable the OEM unlock feature as well.
- Turn OFF your device completely.
- Download and extract the contents of the ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC.
- Open the CMD or command prompt by pressing the Shift + Right-click combination on the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Now, grab your Vivo Z1 Pro and press the Volume UP + Power Button together till your phone boots up into the Fastboot Mode then, release both the buttons.
- Connect your phone to the PC via a USB Cable.
- Type in the below commands in the CMD and press Enter;
fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
- Once you execute the above command, your device will reset and the bootloader will be unlocked.
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Vivo Z1 Pro.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys liked this post and were able to unlock the bootloader of Vivo Z1 Pro smartphone. Note that you should only follow this guide if you are using it on Vivo Z1 Pro and not any other devices to avoid problems. Moreover, you can go ahead and flash any custom recovery like TWRP to root your device and open the world of customizations. Let us know in the comments if you successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Vivo Z1 Pro device using the above method or not. Until the next post…Cheers!