Sons of the Forest is a highly anticipated survival horror video game that builds upon the successful foundation established by its predecessor, The Forest. Developed by Endnight Games and published by Newnight, the game takes players on an intense and immersive journey into a dangerous, mysterious world filled with perilous creatures and ominous environments. Even though the game is in early access, some players face the Sons of the Forest texture not loading in-game issue on the PC.
How to Fix Sons of the Forest Multiplayer and Connectivity Issue on PC
Sons of the Forest Best Graphics Settings for 4090, 4070, 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More
Sons of the Forest Save File Location – Where exactly is it located?
All Armor Types In Sons Of The Forest Such as Golden, Bone, Tech and More
How to Fix Sons of the Forest Texture Not Loading in Game
We should also say that the Sons of the Forest game has recently received a new update which resulted in these issues, and developers are recommending fans not to get into it. We expect developers to come up with a couple of patch fixes. But till then, we’ll have to wait for it and try fixing the particular issue manually. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Turn Off Nvidia DLSS Mode
Such graphical issues may be caused due to NVIDIA’s DLSS feature. Make sure to turn it off in the Display section of the in-game settings menu to reduce graphical glitches or visibility issues, etc. However, if the DLSS Mode isn’t visible in the menu, you can modify the game’s .ini file.
2. Tweak the Field of View
Increasing the Field of View (FOV) will drastically increase the FPS count, improving the graphical issues. The Field of View option can be found in the Sons of the Forest game settings menu. Just drag the slider according to the hardware performance to check which setting suits perfectly for your game. Meanwhile, you should also set other graphical settings to low or medium, which may reduce graphical glitches or texture-loading issues.
If no such option is available, you can adjust other visual settings from the in-game menu, such as shadow effects, anti-aliasing, and more.
3. Use DX11
It’s also worth recommending playing the Sons of the Forest game on your Windows PC using the DirectX 11 (DX11) version instead of DirectX 12. If you’re using Steam, then you can follow the steps below:
- Open the Steam client > Go to LIBRARY.
- Locate and right-click on the Sons of the Forest game.
- Click on Properties > Select GENERAL from the left pane menu > Type -dx11 under the Launch Options.
- Now, go back and launch the game. If prompted, click the radio button next to the Play option of Sons of the Forest.
4. Adjust Texture Settings
You can also adjust the in-game texture settings from the game menu by following the steps below:
- Open the Steam launcher > Go to Library > Click on Sons of the Forest from the left pane.
- Click on Play to launch the game > Once inside the game, click Settings.
- Go to Display > Set Textures to higher.
- If it’s already set to 7000 then reduce it to 2000 and then set it again to 7000 to change effects.
Now, your Sons of the Forest game textures and graphics quality should significantly improve.
5. Increase Virtual Memory
You should try increasing the virtual memory on your PC to check for the issue and whether it has been fixed or not. Sometimes the lack of free memory on the system may cause such issues. To do so:
- Click on the Start menu > Click on Control Panel.
- Click on Performance and Maintenance > Go to System.
- From the Advanced tab, click on Settings under Performance.
- On the Advanced tab, click on Change under Virtual memory.
- Under Drive [Volume Label], click on the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
- Under Paging file size for the selected drive, click on System Managed Size > Click on Set.
- If this option hasn’t been flagged previously, restart the PC after flagging it.
- If the system paging file size is used to be System Managed then under Paging file size for selected drive, click on Custom size.
- Now, type a new paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box.
- Finally, click on Set > Restart the PC to apply changes.
6. Verify and Repair Game Files
If game files are somehow corrupted or missing, perform this method to repair game files.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Sons of the Forest from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.