The Huawei Honor 20 Lite is also known as Honor 10i that was launched in April 2019. It came with Android 9.0 Pie over EMUI 9, Kirin 710 SoC, 4GB RAM, 128GB RAM, triple rear cameras, 3400mAh battery, and more. Currently, the company has started pushing the Android 10 update to Honor 20 Lite/Honor 10i. If you want to Download Huawei Honor 20 Lite Android 10 with EMUI 10 Update, then you can follow this full guide.
The EMUI is a customized official skin for Huawei and some of the Honor devices as well. As the Honor 20 Lite is receiving the EMUI 10 update with a software version V10.0.0169, it brings all the exclusive Android 10 features. Android 10 offers plenty of system improvements and additional features that you will find pretty useful.
The firmware update is rolling out via OTA in a phased manner and it may take a few days or more to arrive all the units globally. So, we will recommend you to keep checking for OTA updates. Now, before heading over to the firmware installation process, let’s take a look at the Android 10 and EMUI 10 features below.
EMUI 10: Overview
The latest EMUI 10 features some significant changes and system improvements based on Android 10.
- The all-new Magazine-style theme or user interface in EMUI 10 offers cool and minimal looking content with headlines, white space, grid system, and story highlights.
- Improved Settings menu, notification styles, contacts, notes, etc.
- The EMUI 10 brings the Morandi color option in a two-level color scheme like one for the top part and another for the bottom part. There are around 06 color integrations available for a subtle and eye-catching look.
- Golden Ratio Icons are one of the key features of the EMUI 10 update. These icons are giving a visual treat to the eyes with more rounded corners and color contrast.
- The colorful Always-On display mode offers plenty of interfaces that you can play with it. Each and every AOD screen is just awesome and gives a perfect toned color experience in the dark background.
- EMUI 10 (Android 10) also offers an improved stock camera app for the Huawei and Honor devices. While the camera app interface has been redesigned for better user experience including switching between the camera modes, toolbar, font style, and more.
- New transition animation effects offer a super smooth user experience. The fluid motion technology gives a buttery swiping transition.
- The System-Wide Dark mode optimizes both the color contrast and text for the dark background. It basically gives a relief to the eyes and saves battery juice as well for AMOLED display devices.
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 (aka Android Q) is the 10th iteration of Android OS that was launched in September 2019 by Google. It’s the successor of the previous generation Android 9.0 Pie. Android 10 offers a bunch of new features and other system improvements that were missing in Android 9. So, if you’re using Android Pie, you should upgrade to the Android 10.
It brings plenty of features like system-wide dark theme, live caption, focus mode, sound amplifier, family link, improved app permissions, location privacy control, new gestures navigation, etc. Meanwhile, the Android 10 users will also get 5G connectivity support, foldable display support, inbuilt call screening, improved lock screen, easy security updates, smart reply to the messenger apps, chat bubbles support, multi-camera API, easy sharing menu, and more.
Steps to Install Huawei Honor 20 Lite Android 10 with EMUI 10 Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide. This beta version is designed for you to experience new software features in advance, thus giving us feedback for further software improvement. Below are known issues with this version that may affect your daily use. Do not install this update if you frequently use the apps or features concerned.
1. Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This issue can be resolved only after compatible app versions are released.
2. Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10 and may encounter issues when sending images. Restart the app to fix this issue.
3. The silent mode will be enabled by default for notifications from instant messaging apps if you disabled sound and vibration alerts for them before installing this update. The alert mode can be modified in the app settings according to your preferences.
4. For apps with the App twin feature enabled, this update might allow the twin app to read Messaging content. Disable and re-enable the App twin feature to fix the issue.
5. The screen might flicker in certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the issue.
6. Samsung watches might automatically disconnect from your phone after a certain period. This issue will be resolved in a later version.
7. 30x zooming by pinching out with two fingers might occasionally fail. Drag the zoom slider or restart Camera to fix this issue.
- Supported Device: Huawei Honor 20 Lite only
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method that you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Before trying to upgrade via the given method, make sure to check for the new software update manually by using the HiCare app.
1st Method: Instructions:
- First, you need to download EMUI 10 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract it on your PC.
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the Android 10 on Huawei Honor 20 Lite.
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android 10 EMUI 10 beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the EMUI 10.
2nd Method: Instructions:How to use Huawei Smartphone Multi Download tool
3rd Method: Instructions:Method 1: Install Firmware via HuRUpdater tool Method 2: Install Huawei Firmware via Dload
Still not able to update? Then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared a useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
We hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Huawei Honor 20 Lite Android 10 Update.