Updated on March 01, 2018: Huawei rolled the Huawei Mate 9 B321 Oreo Firmware [220.127.116.111] for TelCel carrier in Mexico. The update comes with build number MHA-L09BC69B321. If you are Mexico users, then simply grab this update on Huawei Mate 9 which upgrades the OS to Android Oreo.
Updated on November 02, 2017: Added the Huawei Mate 9 B321 Oreo Firmware for Middle East region with build number MHA-L09C185B321 / MHA-L29C185B321.
Finally, Huawei started rolling the latest updated version of Android 8.0 Oreo for Huawei Mate 9. The update brings the build number to MHA-L29C432B321/MHA-L29C636B321 on Huawei Mate 9 variant. Now you can install Huawei Mate 9 B321 Oreo Firmware on the MHA-L29 variant.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air), and it may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive the update. Like we said, The update is rolling in a phase-wise manner. You need to wait for the official roll out to upgrade Huawei Mate 9 to the new version Android Oreo 18.104.22.1681. The update brings the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update and features along with Emotion UI 8.0 for Huawei Mate 9.
With this new Android Oreo for Mate 9, EMUI 8.0 gives a whole new experience with refreshed UI and design. It has increased the performance, battery and also improved the system security.
Table of Contents
Manually Check Huawei Mate 9 B321 Oreo Firmware MHA-L29 [22.214.171.1241]
If you are still waiting for the OTA update on your Huawei Mate 9, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei Mate 9. In case if you find the Huawei Mate 9 B321 Oreo Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup before any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei Mate 9, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei Mate 9 B321 Oreo Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei Mate 9
- Model No: MHA-L29
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Firmware: B321
- Build Number: MHA-L29C432B321/ MHA-L29C636B321 / MHA-L09C185B321 / MHA-L29C185B321
- Region: Mexico, Europe, Asia, and Middle East
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- This Update is only for Huawei Mate 9 with MHA-L29 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
126.96.36.1991 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L09BC69B321 – Telcel Mexico C69log
188.8.131.521 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29C432B321 – Europe C432log
184.108.40.2061 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29C636B321 – Asia C636log
220.127.116.111 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L09C185B321 – Middle-East C185log
Check Middle East Latest Version Here: Huawei Mate 9 B370 Oreo Update [Middle East, 18.104.22.1680]
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei Mate 9 Stock Firmware collections
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Huawei Mate 9
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device