Today Huawei started rolling the May 2020 security patch for Huawei nova 3i with software version 126.96.36.1990, 188.8.131.525, 184.108.40.2068, 220.127.116.119, and 18.104.22.168. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Well, this update has no major changes apart from the security patch which fixes the vulnerabilities.
As we speak, this update is rolling over the air (OTA) for users with Huawei nova 3i in India, China, Europe, and other parts. If you are one of the users with Huawei nova 3i, then you can manually install the update by following our guide.
Table of Contents
Check for the Software update on Huawei nova 3i
Well, the screenshot for the software update guide was taken from the old device.
- Open settings
- Scroll down and Tap on System Option
- In System Option –> Tap on System Update Menu.
- Here you will find if there is any new update.
- Tap on the Check for updates
If you see any new update, then make sure to press the download and install button to start the OTA installation. If not, you can simply follow our guide to install Huawei nova 3i May 2020 Security Patch.
- Device Name: Huawei nova 3i
- Model: INE-LX1r (Pakistan); INE-LX2 (Malaysia); INE-LX2r
- Region: Global Release
- Build Number: 22.214.171.1240, 126.96.36.1995, 188.8.131.528, 184.108.40.2069, and more
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- UI Version: EMUI 9.1
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-05-01
Integrates Android security patches released in May 2020 for improved system security.
- Remember: Supported for Huawei nova 3i
- Charge your phone: Before you proceed with the below information, charge your device to at least 50%.
- Laptop or PC: To carry out this installation, you need a PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup: Before proceeding to the instruction, please take a complete backup of your device.
- USB Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers
- Download: Download the below given required files on your PC.
To install, you can simply follow our guide on how to install Stock Firmware on any Huawei device.