Huawei P20 Pro is now receiving the latest EMUI 10 update based on the Android 10 update. The update brings most of the core Android 10 Q features and some additional improvements as well. Recently, EMUI 10 beta program has been announced by Huawei for the Huawei P30 series devices. Here you can download and install the Huawei P20 Pro EMUI 10 based Android 10 Firmware then you’re in right place.
If you are running the stable EMUI 9.1 on your device, then you will receive the OTA update to enjoy EMUI 10. As we speak, both the Huawei P20 Pro devices are getting the stable EMUI 10.0 update. Whereas, the same update is also pushing up to the EMUI 10 Beta users including some fixes as well. Here we have provided the download links, all requirements, and proper firmware installation steps below. You can follow the link to know more about EMUI 10 features, release date, and supported devices.
Huawei P20 Pro Specifications: Overview
Huawei P20 Pro features a 6.1 inches OLED capacitive display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2240 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) and Hisilicon Kirin 970 processor coupled with 6GB and 8GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128/256GB internal memory. The camera on the Huawei P20 Pro comes with Triple 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP with Leica optics, LED flash, panorama, HDR and 24 MP with Leica optics front shooting camera.
Huawei P20 Pro runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 9.1 and backed by Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 22.5W (58% in 30 min). It also has a fingerprint sensor in the front. The handset supports Dual SIM with 4G. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.
EMUI 10 Update
Huawei has announced the latest EMUI 10 custom skin based on Android 10 at Huawei’s developer conference. The new version of custom skin already surfaced on new refreshed Huawei P30 Pro device variants at IFA last week. The company has revealed the update timeline for its devices which will receive the Android 10 stable version. The EMUI 10 is currently available in the beta version.
As the latest Android version is the 10th generation of Google’s Android OS and it brings a bunch of new features and system improvements as well. Therefore, the Android 10 based EMUI 10 custom skin will also get all the core features.
- 3D Touch: It gives a super smooth touch effect with animation. It feels so fast and responsive than a normal touch pressure effect.
- Live Caption: The Live Caption brings real-time automatic captions to media on your device. It will provide live captions for the videos, podcasts, and audio messages, apps, etc. It works offline too.
- System-Wide Dark Mode: The dark mode saves battery juice a lot and reduces eye strain during night time.
- The swipe gesture navigation control offers more improved functionalities in Android 10.
- App Drawer: The new app drawer seems just like a Pixel Launcher. The drawer opens like swipe up from the home screen.
- New Stock Camera UI: The stock EMUI camera app UI has been tweaked a little bit. The slider between camera shutter button and modes text appears as a red dot this time.
- Notification and Quick Settings Toggle: The latest upcoming EMUI version will allow users to choose and set notification controls. It offers quick shortcut toggle.
- New Transition Animation: Huawei has introduced the new transition animation style for the swipe to go home gesture.
- Privacy and Security: It enables system security, app permission control, location control, and more.
- Bubbles: Bubbles feature is a new feature in Android Q which looks and works like Facebook Messenger.
- Desktop Mode: Android Q in EMUI 10 will feature desktop mode to connect your device easily to the monitor.
Additionally, you can check more EMUI 10 features and supported device list.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Check Software Update Manually
In order to check the latest software update on your Huawei P20 Pro device, head over to the Settings -> System -> Software update -> Check for Updates. If an update is available, it will show you the prompt to download it. Proceed and install the update but the update file size will be around more than 4.5GB. Therefore, ensure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and have battery juice more than 60% minimum.
However, some of the Huawei P20 Pro users recently reported that they have received the EMUI 10 based on the Android 10 OTA update via Huawei’s HiCare app.
Open the Huawei’s HiCare app > tap on Update > Check for updates. Make sure to take a complete backup before doing the update process.
Steps to Install EMUI 10 on Huawei P20 Pro
If your Huawei P20 Pro handset doesn’t receive any OTA update yet, then you can manually install the EMUI 10 firmware update file on your device. Let’s take a look at the requirements and downloads below.
- This firmware file is supported by the Huawei P20 Pro model only.
- A PC/Laptop and USB cable are required.
- Taking a full Data Backup of your device is recommended.
- Make sure that your device is charged more than 60% at least.
- Firmware download:
- CLT-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.162 – Global: Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- CLT-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.161 – Global: Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- CLT-LGRP1-CHN 10.0.0.172 – China: Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- Charlotte-L0IC675E3R1P11B139 (10.0.0.139) – India : Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- Charlotte-L0IC675E4R1P11B146 (10.0.0.146) – India : Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- CLT-TL01C01B156 – 10.0.0.156 – China: Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- CLT-AL00C675E4R1P11B157 (10.0.0.157) – India: Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- Charlotte-L0IC675E4R1P11B146 (10.0.0.146): Download
- Charlotte-L0IC675E3R1P11B139 (10.0.0.139): Download
- CLT-LGRP1-CHN 10.0.0.156: Download
- CLT-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.146: Download
- CLT-LGRP1-CHN 10.0.0.143: Download
- Charlotte-L0IC675E3R1P11B139 (10.0.0.139): Download
- CLT-LGRP1-CHN 10.0.0.134: Download
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your computer and install it.
- Huawei USB Drivers – download and install it on your PC.
- Huawei Handset Product Line Driver – download and install it also.
Instructions to Install
After following all the requirements and downloads, you can now follow the firmware installation process on your Huawei P20 Pro.
There are plenty of Huawei device models that will receive the EMUI 10 update in the coming few months in a phased manner and it will take some time. Whereas, a couple of Honor devices will also receive the Magic UI 3.0 update based on Android 10 very soon.
We hope you’ve found this article useful. If you’ve any queries, you can comment down below.