Samsung Galaxy J2 2018 (SM-J250G) started receiving a new update which brings the latest Security Patch to April 2018 with regular bug fixes and other improvements. The Software update bumps to J250GDXU2ARD3 and is currently live to update via OTA. The update is based on the latest released Android 7.1.1 Nougat. According to Samsung, the update fixes seven critical vulnerabilities that were found in the Android OS and also fixes a couple of other high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities. Now download and install either J250GDXU2ARD3 April 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy J2 2018.
Talking about the device specs, Samsung Galaxy J2 2018 features a 5-inch qHD Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J2 2018 comes with the 8MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy J2 2018 came out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
The update is rolling via over the air in a phase-wise manner. It may take a while to reach every user around the globe. If you have not received the update, then kindly wait for the OTA notification to hit your phone or you can manually check the latest software update which upgrades the build number J250GDXU2ARD3 on Galaxy J2 2018.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J2 2018?
- In your Galaxy J2 2018, Open Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If you have the new software update, tap Download button to start downloading. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- The device will reboot, you can wait for the installation process to complete. Once it is done, Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to upgrade the Galaxy J2 2018, your phone must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery and also enough storage to complete the installation process.
We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case if things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading April 2018 Security for Galaxy J2 2018 (SM-J250G). As this update is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
In case if still not received the J250GDXU2ARD3 build, then you can manually install the update on your Galaxy J2 2018 (SM-J250G) by using ODIN Downloader. Now there is the OTA firmware that you can manually install on your phone. We have put up the entire process to flash the J250GDXU2ARD3 update that brings the April 2018 security patch.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device.
Steps to Install J250GDXU2ARD3 manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy J2 2018.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J2 2018
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to J250GDXU2ARD3 on Galaxy J2 2018 SM-J250G.
I hope this guide was helpful to install April 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy J2 2018 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat.