Today T-Mobile MetroPCS started rolling updates for the Galaxy J2 model that bumps up a new software version J260T1UVS5ATD1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. As the update is live in the USA region, all the interested Galaxy J2 (MetroPCs variant) users can easily download and install the new version by following the guide below.
Talking about the changelog, the update brings April 2020 Android Security Patch Level. This update also improves the system security and fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually.
Check Software Update (OTA)
Samsung always roll-out firmware OTA updates in a phased manner and it’s quite possible that not all the users may receive the update at the same time. So, the incremental update process can take a couple of days or more. Now, if you don’t want to wait further, then you can manually check for the OTA update on your handset via Settings > System > System updates.
If there is a new update available, then simply download and install it. Ensure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads. Still, not getting the OTA update notification? Don’t worry! We have shared the steps and requirements to manually flash the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J2 using the ODIN tool.
[note color=”yellow” title_tag=”h2″ title=”Firmware Details:”]
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J260T1)
- Region: USA
- Carriers: MetroPCs
- Build Number: J260T1UVS5ATD1
- Android OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
How to Install Firmware on MetroPCs Galaxy J2
In order to flash the firmware manually on your MetroPCs Galaxy J2 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J260T1UVS5ATD1) is only supported for MetroPCs Galaxy J2.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer:”]GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Proceed at your own risk.[/note]
[note color=”green” title_tag=”h3″ title=”Download Links:”]
- J260T1UVS5ATD1 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide: J260T1UVS5ATD1
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
[su_button url=”https://www.getdroidtips.com/flash-firmware-samsung-odin-downloader/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#700aab” color=”#ffffff” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: book” icon_color=”#ffffff”]How to install stock firmware on Galaxy J2 using ODIN tool[/su_button]
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your MetroPCs Galaxy J2 model with build number J260T1UVS5ATD1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.
[su_box box_color=”” title=”Popular posts:”]
- Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Supported device [One UI 2.0 device list]
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Samsung Galaxy Android 11 Supported Device Tracker: What’s new in One UI 3.0