Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has been released, and players around the world are taking on the role of Cal Kestis. In spite of the Game’s impressive visuals, some users have been reporting HDR issues. But guess what? Nothing to worry about this issue. Yes, you hear it right! Today, in this guide, we have some fixes for you that will help you resolve the Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. Therefore, in case you are facing this problem and want to fix it, then make sure to perform the fixes we have mentioned below. So, let’s get started with them.
- What does HDR Broken or Not Working Means?
- Reasons for HDR Not Working in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor
- Solutions for Fixing HDR in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor
What does HDR Broken or Not Working Means?
There are many players all around the world who are currently facing HDR broken issues while playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor. However, this kind of error started to appear due to old or poor graphics quality. This also results in a loss in significant color cast.
Meanwhile, it can be frustrating for the players who want to experience a good visual experience. Well, some consoles also reported the same issue, but this error occurs mostly for PC users. So, if you are a Windows PC user and want to fix the Start Wars Jedi Survivor HDR broken or not working error, make sure to check out the fixes mentioned below.
Reasons for HDR Not Working in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor
There are many reasons why you are facing this kind of error, but here we have mentioned only those that have the potential to make HDR not work while playing the Game:
- Game Settings: There are possibilities that due to some wrong game setting configuration, HDR not working issue appears while playing Star Wars. Yes, most of the time, players accidentally turn off accidentally HDR and start facing this kind of error.
- Display Settings: HDR may not work properly if you incorrectly configure display settings. Therefore, it is always recommended to do not to make any prior changes if you don’t have knowledge about any particular settings.
- Graphics Drivers: The most common cause behind every graphics-related issue is having an outdated GPU driver. So, possibilities are there that you may not have updated your GPU driver in recent times, and that is the main reason why HDR broken issue is occurring while playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor.
- Game Bugs: Lastly, if none of the reasons appears to be the cause behind this problem, then it is most likely to be a game bug that interferes with HDR in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor. So, now that you know about the potential cause behind why the HDR is not working on your PC while playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor; therefore, now, let’s check out the fixes mentioned below:
Solutions for Fixing HDR in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor
So, here are some solutions that will help you fix HDR in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor:
Fix 1: Check Game Settings
Initially, it is best to try tweaking some in-game settings as most of the time, due to high in-game settings, this kind of error appears. So, you must first launch the Game and tap on the options menu. After that, go to the Video option. Now, simply lower each setting and make sure that the HDR option is enabled. Once done, restart the Game and check whether the issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 2: Check Display Settings
As I have already mentioned that most of the time, due to the wrong display setting, the HDR broken issue appears while playing games. So, depending upon your display, you must have to make some needy changes. Thereafter, in Survivor, to make sure that the HDR starts working or not, you must launch the Game and check for it. However, suppose in case you are still getting the same error, then possibilities are there that your display might not support HDR. But, in case it is, then don’t worry. Simply perform the other fixes mentioned below.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Drivers
If on your device, you haven’t updated your GPU driver in recent times; then possibilities are there that due to compatibility issues, you are getting this problem. So, it is recommended to make sure to update your device’s GPU driver. Therefore, in case you don’t know how to do it, make sure to perform these steps:
- Open the Device Manager using Windows Search.
- Afterward, tap on the Display Adapter.
- Now, right-click on the GPU name and select the Update Driver.
- Finally, hit the Search Automatically For Drivers.
That’s it. Now, wait until the update is finished, then reboot your device and check whether the HDR is broken or not working issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 4: Disable HDR
If you are unable to play the Game just because of the HDR mode, then you must try disabling it and then check whether you are allowed to play the Game without any error or not. So, to disable the HDR, you must go to the Options menu and hit the Video. Now, toggle the button located next to the HDR mode. But keep in mind if you are a fan of HDR mode, then you may not feel a good visual experience while playing the Jedi Survivor.
Fix 5: Try a Different HDR Mode
For those who don’t know about it, let’s be clear that there are two HDR modes one is Cinematic, and the other one is Game. So, if you are using the Cinematic mode, then we suggest you use the Game mode. However, to do so, you must hover over the Video menu located under the In-game settings. Then, toggle the button located between these two options.
Fix 6: Adjust HDR Brightness
If nothing works, then you must also try adjusting the HDR brightness, as there are many users who reported that this helped them to resolve this kind of error. Therefore, you must also try this out and do so:
- Open the Game and go to the In-game settings.
- Afterward, locate the Video option and tap on it.
- Then, simply adjust the HDR brightness from there.
Fix 7: Use a different HDMI cable
There are huge possibilities that the HDMI cable you are using might have any issues. Yes, there might be any cut, wear, tear, or any other kind of damage due to which you are getting this error. So, we recommend that you have a spare HDMI cable. There may be signal transmission issues with low-quality cables that do not support HDR.
Fix 8: Check your TV settings
Did you check your TV settings? There are possibilities that you may face this problem just because your TV setting is misconfigured. So, you must have to tweak some changes to your TV HDR settings (HDR mode, Game Mode).
Fix 9: Try a Different Display
In case you are still getting this problem, then make sure to replace your display. But, while purchasing a new TV or Display, you must have to check whether it supports HDR or not. However, suppose in case you find that HDR is broken or not working issue does not appear on your new display, then possibly your previous display has a problem.
Fix 10: Contact Game Developer/Support
In case none of the above solutions help you to fix the HDR broken error in Star Wars Jedi Survivor, you must contact the officials or developers. However, depending on the severity of the issue, they may suggest you some other fixes.
We all know that HDR provides a more immersive and realistic visual experience, and issues with the HDR mode while playing your favorite Game might be frustrating. But, with these fixes, you can experience Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Survivor at its best. So, that’s all we have for you. We hope that you are now enjoying your Game without any errors. But, still, if you have any doubts or queries, comment below and let us know.