Stock ROM for any device always saves the day and makes life easy. There has been a rapid rise in the need and development of custom ROMs, kernels and rooting of smartphones. Although everyone wants to try custom ROMs but properly flashing it is not everybody’s cup of tea. Most of the times we hear about boot loop and device bricking and so on. There is where stock ROM enters the scene. Flashing the stock ROM will again make your device work the way it used to work as before. In this post, we will tell you how to install LG G5 stock Firmware.
We have brought you the collection of LG G5 Firmware. You may use these and install LG G5 stock firmware. You can find the official download links for the firmware below. Also, you can see the brief illustrative tutorial by us to install LG G5 stock Firmware.
LG G5 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in February 2016. The phone comes with a 5.3-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2880 pixels. It runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out-of-the-box and later upgraded to Nougat OS. This device packs a 32 GB of expandable internal storage. LG G5 brings a dual 16+8-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front. It has a fingerprint sensor to the back and powered with 2800 removable battery.
Table of Contents
How to Install LG G5 stock Firmware [Back To stock OS]
From this list of stock ROM for LG G5, you can use this firmware in case if you brick your device, or if you want to downgrade or get back to stock ROM. You can use our guide which pretty explains you on How to Install LG G5 stock Firmware using our list of LG G5 Stock Firmware Collections.
Download the ROM which we have listed in this table below. You can also update your LG G5 smartphone anytime. Also, you can install the Stock Firmware build to revert back to old version also. In case if you have bricked your device, then you can bring back the phone (Unbrick) using the stock firmware anytime. Also if you feel your LG G5 lag or has an issue, then flash the stock firmware from the list below and save from such situation. Stock Firmware doesn’t void warranty on your LG G5.
- By Flashing Stock Firmware, you can keep the device up to date.
- Stock Firmware can unroot your device and keep it stockish.
- To Fix the Bootloop problem.
- You can upgrade and Downgrade your phone.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- Fix the lag or stutter.
- Solve the soft brick on your phone.
- To revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
Update automatically OTA on LG G5:
- Open Settings on LG G5.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
How to Manually Install LG G5 Stock Firmware Using The Below Guide:
- Remember: This guide is to Install Stock Firmware Manually on LG G5
- Your device must have 70% Of battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
Required KDZ Firmware FILES
|Build Number||Changes/Security||Device Variant|
|US99226D||December 2018 Patch||US Cellular|
|H85030f||November 2018 Patch||European LG G5|
|H85030A||Android 8.0 Oreo||LG G5 UK variants|
|VS98730b||August 2018 Security||Verizon LG G5|
|VS98730a||Android 8.0 Oreo||Verizon LG G5|
|H83030c||Android 8.0 Oreo||T-Mobile LG G5|
|H82020t||March 2018 Patch||AT&T LG G5|
|VS9872EA||March 2018 Patch||Verizon LG G5|
|H83020o||January 2018 Patch||T-Mobile LG G5|
|H82020r||January 2018 Patch||AT&T LG G5|
|VS9872DA||January 2018 Patch||Verizon LG G5|
|H85020t||December 2017||LG G5|
|H85020s||November 2017||LG G5|
|H83020n||December 2017||T-Mobile LG G5|
|RS98821D||December 2017||Unlocked LG G5|
|VS9872CA||November 2017||Verizon LG G5|
|LS992ZVD||November 2017||Sprint LG G5|
|H82020q||November 2017||AT&T LG G5|
|VS9872BA||October 2017 Patch||Verizon LG G5|
|H83020l||September 2017||T-Mobile LG G5|
|H83020m||October 2017 Patch||T-Mobile LG G5|
|VS9872AA||August 2017||Verizon LG G5|
|H82020p||September 2017||AT&T LG G5|
|VS98729A||July 2017 Patch||Verizon LG G5|
|H83020k||August 2017||T-Mobile LG G5|
|H82020o||June 2017 Patch||AT&T LG G5|
|VS98728B||April 2017 Patch||Verizon LG G5|
|H82020n||April 2017 Patch||AT&T LG G5|
|H83020f||May 2017 Patch||T-Mobile LG G5|
|RS98821a||Android 7.0||US Unlocked|
|H83020i||April 2017 Patch||T-Mobile LG G5|
Steps to Install LG G5 Stock Firmware manually
- First of all, Download all the files like KDZ Firmware, LG Drivers and also LG UP latest version.
- Install LG UP exe file on your computer.
- Now make sure to install the drivers if you are phone does not detect in your PC/Laptop.
- Now Turn your phone off and then Hold the Volume UP key for few seconds.
- While holding Volume Up key connect your phone to PC using USB Cable (Don’t leave volume key while connecting)
- Release the Volume UP key as soon as the phone goes into Download Mode.
- Open LG UP software on your PC and Select Upgrade
- Now in the Select Path, Select your KDZ file from your downloaded folder.
- Once it is loaded, Click the start button down below and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once it is completed, your phone will reboot automatically. Booting may take time. So wait patiently to complete the first booting process.
So, that’s it. You have successfully installed stock ROM on LG G5.
Follow GetDroidTips to get working stock ROM and illustrative tutorial to flash it on your required Android smartphone.