LG needs to understand that only churning out premium smartphones is not enough to keep up with the trend. The current trend demands an efficient software support system as well. This is where the Korean OEM lags behind as compared to the other major smartphone manufacturers. It takes over a year for LG to roll out the system update to its device. We are talking of the LG G7 Fit which is currently receiving the Android 9.0 Pie update. The device is receiving the update with build number Q850EM20A.
The new system update is currently available as an over-the-air update which will gradually roll into various regions. So, if you happen to own the G7 Fit and you do not like waiting for updates, then we have the kdz firmware file bearing the same build Q850EM20A packing the Android 9.0 Pie.
Those who have been waiting eagerly for Android Pie, you will get revamped Settings UI, button to take a screenshot, dark mode, App actions, App slices, improved DND, adaptive battery etc. In case, you’re interested to know what these features can do, then check our coverage of Android Pie Features explained.
Automatic OTA may delay reaching your device due to phased rollout, geographical regions, tele-carrier rollout etc. So, the next option is to search for the Q850EM20A Android Pie update manually and download it if it’s available in your region. This is how you can do it.
- Go to General > About phone.
- Now hit the Update Center.
- Tap System update> Tap Check for update.
If the new update shows up, then download and install it following the on-screen instructions.
- Use Wi-Fi to download the system update as these are files sizing up to gigabytes.
- Before installing the update charge the device battery up to 50%. Installing the update on a low-battery is not recommended.
Download Q850EM20A Android 9.0 Pie Update [Kdz Firmware]
Here is the download link for the kdz firmware with build Q850EM20A which packs the Android 9.0 Pie for the LG G7 Fit.
Q850EM20A Android Pie | Download [kdz firmware]
How to Install Android Pie on the LG G7 Fit
Along with the kdz firmware file, you will also need to have the current USB drivers for your LG device, official LG FlashTool, and LG UP. You will also require the LG Bridge software. We have put up all these tools in the next section of the requirements. Make sure to grab all of them.
- The Q850EM20A firmware file that we have shared in this guide is exclusive to the LG G7 Fit. Do not use it on any other LG devices.
- Charge the battery of your device sufficiently (50 to 70% recommended) before performing the update
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers
- Install LG FlashTool and LG UP
- Download LG Bridge software.
Kdz Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the complete illustrative guide that will help you to flash stock kdz firmware based on Android Pie on your LG G7 Fit.How to install Android 9.0 Pie on Lg G7 Fit
So, enough of the wait. It’s time to enjoy the Pie. You can wait for the OTA to roll, but if you find waiting boring, then download the firmware and install the system update now using our guide. If you have any queries do let us know in the comments section below.