It’s Oreo day for LG K10 2017 (Model: M250I) users in India. Yes! LG Electronics has started rolling Android 8.1 Oreo for LG K10 2017 with Software version M250I20a. The company has skipped the Android 8.0 and started rolling 8.1 OS version. Along with this update, the device has bumped the Android security patch level to September 2018.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) for the user in India. It may take a while to reach every corner. If you have the device, then you can check for the latest OTA update by stepping into settings. Remember, to receive this update, your phone must be running on Stock Firmware without root or mods installed.
After stepping up to Android 8.1 Oreo users will be able to enjoy new features it packs. This includes notification dots, PiP Mode, improved battery life, Autofill API, night light etc. With Samsung Experience 9.0 users can use the dual messenger feature. It enables the users to use two accounts on one Chat App.
Well if you have not received any new update, then please check the OTA update manually by following the guide.
Go to settings—> about phone —> system update
If you have the update notification, then hit the DOWNLOAD button to start upgrading your phone to latest software version M250I20a.
Before proceeding, please make sure your phone has enough charge of at least 50%, take a full backup before upgrading or downgrading your phone. To download the OTA file, you should be on a stable WiFi connection to enjoy uninterrupted software download.
- Device Support: LG K10 2017
- Android version: 8.1.0
- Region: India
- Security patch level (SPL): September 1, 2018
- Build number: OMR1
- Software version: M250I20a
- File size: 1.5GB
- [Home Screen layout] Some apps may be placed differently in Home & app drawer. To keep using Home & app drawer select Home after the software update finishes. Then go to Settings > Home screen > Select Home and set to Home & app drawer.
- Android OS Upgrade
- [Comfort view improved] The blue light filter in Comfort view has been improved. You can now adjust between 10 levels.
- [Home touch buttons improved] The Home touch buttons can now be hidden while using apps.
- [Icon shapes added] New app icon shapes have been added.
- [Improved Settings layout] Finding what you want in Settings is now easier than ever.
- [Improved app notifications] Each app’s notifications can now be managed all in one place.
- [Improved notifications] The notification badge for app icons now displays according to the notifications you have in the notification panel.
- [Improved performance] To improve battery life and phone performance apps now run less in the background.
- [More codec supported] Sony’s codec LDAC is now supported when using Bluetooth headsets that work with the codec.
- [Quick info] Apps on the Home screen can now do more. You can touch and hold an app icon to see its notifications widgets and info.
Steps to Install Android 8.1 on LG K10 2017 manually:
First of all, download the firmware file with build M250I20a and then follow the below pre-requisite.[su_note note_color=”#fef3f5″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning! Make sure to take a backup before upgrading your device. We are not responsible if you brick your device. [/su_note]
- This Works only on LG K10 2017 Indian variant
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers.
- Also, download LG UP and LG Flashtool
- Download LG Bridge software.
Instructions to Install KDZ File:
I hope you have installed all the above required LG tools and drivers on your PC. Now you can install the Android 8.1 Oreo Stock firmware on LG K10 2017 by just tapping the tutorial link down below.[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are at GetDroidTips are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.[/su_note] Guide to Install LG Firmware on any LG phone
That’s it! Enjoy Android 8.1 OS on your device.