The newly launched LG K51 (LMK500QM6) is one of the entry-level budget category smartphones that run on Android 9 Pie out of the box. Though LG devices aren’t prone to receive official firmware updates, due to the brand goodwill and competitive smartphones, people are showing faith in their devices. However, it’s possible that the not so optimized LG UX skin can cause performance issues. Meanwhile, some LG K51 users may find it difficult while/after flashing the third-party firmware. If you’re also one of them, check out the steps to install LG K51 LMK500QM6 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File).
Android users always prefer to perform customizations with their devices whether they’re using a stock firmware or an aftermarket firmware. Additionally, flashing root access, custom recovery mode, or even installing any third-party modules can also cause multiple issues with the device performance, battery backup, slow charging, OTA update, and more. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to flash the stock ROM again on your handset if you’re facing some of these problems either on custom firmware or stock firmware.
LG K51 Specifications
The LG K51 has a 6.5-inches HD+ FullVision display with a resolution of 1560×720 pixels, a 20:9 aspect ratio screen. It’s powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 SoC. It packs a 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage option with an expandable storage capacity up to 2TB. The device sports a triple rear 13MP + 5MP (wide) + 2MP (depth) lens setup with PDAF, HDR, Panorama mode. While the front has a single 13MP selfie shooter with HDR support.
Talking about the connectivity, it packs a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, USB Type-C port, etc. It runs on Android 9 Pie out of the box and upgradable to Android 10. The LG K51 is backed by a 4,000mAh battery capacity with standard charging. While the handset features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor.
Steps to Install LG K51 LMK500QM6 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
Here in this guide, we will be sharing the easy method to flash the KDZ file on your LG K51 handset by using the LG Flash Tool. Before heading over to the flashing guide below, make sure to follow all the requirements properly. Also, ensure to download all the necessary stuff from the links below.
As usual, here we’ve shared a couple of necessary pre-requisites to read and follow properly before jumping over to the firmware flashing steps. These pre-requirements are useful to get things ready which will gonna be useful while flashing.
1. Firmware Compatibility:
It’s worth mentioning that this particular firmware file that we’ve provided will gonna only work for your LG K51 model. Don’t try flashing the firmware on other LG models to avoid any kind of bricking or stuck in the boot loop issue.
2. Take a Full Backup
Make sure to take a full data backup of your device before doing anything especially firmware flashing. Sometimes flashing a ROM can delete the internal data or even your data can be messed up during flashing. So, to keep things simple and save your data better, just follow this backup method (without root). Alternatively, if you’ve already installed a custom recovery like TWRP on your handset then you can also take a Nandroid Backup by following this method.
3. Maintain Battery Charge
It’s always recommended to check whether your handset is fully charged or not. Even if it’s not fully charged, just make sure to maintain at least a 50%-60% charge level before performing any task to avoid occasional shutdowns or battery juice run out issues.
4. Get Ready a Computer and a USB Cable
Before flashing the firmware file on your handset using a flash tool, you’ll require a PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable to connect your handset to the PC. Once connected, you can flash the downloaded firmware on your device via the flash tool.
5. Download Flash Tool and Drivers:
Additionally, make sure to download all the required flash files on your PC before you try this guide.
Download Flash Files:
Firmware Installation Guide:
Without further ado, let’s get into the firmware installation process below.
- We assume that you’ve already installed both the LG USB Driver and LG Flash Tool on your PC. [If not done yet, do this first]
- Next, boot your LG handset in the Download Mode. Just press and hold the Volume Up button of the phone > Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable (Don’t release the volume up button)
- Once connected, you can release the power button.
- Now, open the LGFlashTool.exe file > The flash tool interface will appear.
- Choose CDMA from the Select Type drop-down list.
- Then click on the Select File (folder icon) to browse and choose the firmware file for your LG model.
- So, choose the KDZ firmware file and click on Open.
- Now, click on the Normal Flash option below.
- The Read Phone Information window will appear.
- Just click on the START button.
- Next, you’ll have to choose the language and country from the Select Country & Language pop-up.
- Once done, click on OK to begin the LG K51 Stock ROM firmware flashing process.
- It generally takes a couple of minutes to complete the flashing process depending on the firmware file size.
- Once the flashing is done, your handset will restart automatically.
- Again booting your device for the first time after firmware flashing can take a couple of minutes.
- Once your mobile turned on, just disconnect the USB cable from the handset.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide pretty helpful. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.