LG X Power Dual (K220DS) is one of the budget category smartphones launched way back in 2016. Although the handset came in Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box, the different processor variants may not be useful in some regions for sure. Meanwhile, some of the LG X Power Dual handset users either have stayed to the stock version or flashed to any third-party firmware. So, the performance drops or software-related issues can be there for several users. If you’re also one of them, check this guide to install LG X Power Dual K220DS Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File) with all requirements and download links.
Talking about Android, it’s an open-source platform and users can easily perform so many customizations on their Android OS running devices to get a better look and user experience. Most of the users want to flash third-party firmware or flash root or mod files, etc. But not all users may gonna end up with a successful flashing or user experience. That means some of the unfortunate users may encounter unwanted bugs or stability issues with their custom firmware.
Meanwhile, some of the outdated stock firmware users on their LG X Power Dual handset may also face some other issues like lags, battery draining, slow charging, overheating, OTA update issue, performance slowdown, etc. Therefore, flashing the stock firmware again on the device should gonna improve the user experience and reduce plenty of bugs or system issues completely. Now, without getting further ado, let’s take a quick look at the device specifications below.
Table of Contents
LG X Power Dual (K220DS) Specifications
As the name suggests, the LG X Power Dual (K220DS) is a dual-SIM device that runs on Android 6 Marshmallow out of the box. It packs a 5.3-inches IPS LCD display having 720×1280 pixels resolution, a 16:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The device is powered by Mediatek MT6735 / Mediatek MT6755M (LS755) / Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 SoC depending on the region.
While it’s paired with Mali-T720 / Mali-T860MP2 (LS755) / Adreno 304 GPU. The handset features a 2GB of RAM and 16GB of eMMC internal storage which includes a dedicated MicroSD card slot. It sports a dual rear camera of 13MP (f/2.2) and an 8MP lens offering AF, an LED flash, Panorama, etc. On the front, the device packs a 5MP (f/2.4) selfie camera. Talking about the battery capacity, it has a decent 4,100mAh battery with normal 10W charging.
In terms of connectivity, the LG X Power Dual packs Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, a 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 4.1/4.2, GLONASS, GPS, A-GPS, FM Radio, MicroUSB port, USB OTG, etc. While talking about the sensors, it packs an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor, etc.
Steps to Install LG X Power Dual K220DS Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
Here in this guide, we will be sharing the easy method to flash the KDZ file on your LG X Power Dual handset by using the LG Flash Tool. Before heading over to the flashing guide below, make sure to follow all the requirements properly. Also, ensure to download all the necessary stuff from the links below.
As usual, here we’ve shared a couple of necessary pre-requisites to read and follow properly before jumping over to the firmware flashing steps. These pre-requirements are useful to get things ready which will gonna be useful while flashing.
1. Firmware Compatibility:
It’s worth mentioning that this particular firmware file that we’ve provided will gonna only work for your LG X Power Dual model. Don’t try flashing the firmware on other LG models to avoid any kind of bricking or stuck in the boot loop issue.
2. Take a Full Backup
Make sure to take a full data backup of your device before doing anything especially firmware flashing. Sometimes flashing a ROM can delete the internal data or even your data can be messed up during flashing. So, to keep things simple and save your data better, just follow this backup method (without root). Alternatively, if you’ve already installed a custom recovery like TWRP on your handset then you can also take a Nandroid Backup by following this method.
3. Maintain Battery Charge
It’s always recommended to check whether your handset is fully charged or not. Even if it’s not fully charged, just make sure to maintain at least a 50%-60% charge level before performing any task to avoid occasional shutdowns or battery juice run out issues.
4. Get Ready a Computer and a USB Cable
Before flashing the firmware file on your handset using a flash tool, you’ll require a PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable to connect your handset to the PC. Once connected, you can flash the downloaded firmware on your device via the flash tool.
5. Download Flash Tool and Drivers:
Additionally, make sure to download all the required flash files on your PC before you try this guide.
Download Flash Files:
Firmware Installation Guide:
Without further ado, let’s get into the firmware installation process below.
- We assume that you’ve already installed both the LG USB Driver and LG Flash Tool on your PC. [If not done yet, do this first]
- Next, boot your LG handset in the Download Mode. Just press and hold the Volume Up button of the phone > Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable (Don’t release the volume up button)
- Once connected, you can release the power button.
- Now, open the LGFlashTool.exe file > The flash tool interface will appear.
- Choose CDMA from the Select Type drop-down list.
- Then click on the Select File (folder icon) to browse and choose the firmware file for your LG model.
- So, choose the KDZ firmware file and click on Open.
- Now, click on the Normal Flash option below.
- The Read Phone Information window will appear.
- Just click on the START button.
- Next, you’ll have to choose the language and country from the Select Country & Language pop-up.
- Once done, click on OK to begin the LG X Power Dual firmware flashing process.
- It generally takes a couple of minutes to complete the flashing process depending on the firmware file size.
- Once the flashing is done, your handset will restart automatically.
- Again booting your device for the first time after firmware flashing can take a couple of minutes.
- Once your mobile turned on, just disconnect the USB cable from the handset.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide pretty helpful. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.