Back in 2016, LG has released one of its entry-level budget segment devices called LG X Power (K210) that was running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. Now, it may possible that some of the users have been installed custom firmware on their devices and experiencing issues with the performance or stability. Whereas some of the users may have stayed with the stock firmware but ended up with lags, performance drops, etc. If you’re having any of these situations, check out this full-depth guide to install LG X Power K210 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File).
Well, there is nothing new to talk about the controversial LG UX skin provided by LG for its devices. Meanwhile, with the lack of optimizations and software update support, plenty of LG handset users find their way by flashing the aftermarket firmware or modding or installing root access, etc to get a better user experience apart from the updated Android OS version. However, not all the users may gonna successful in firmware flashing or system-level customizations and most probably end up with a bricked or stuck in bootloop status.
Whereas the outdated stock firmware users are also gonna encounter multiple issues like slow performance, slow battery charging, battery draining, stuttering, overheating, occasional shutdowns, and more. So, in that scenario, it’s always recommended to go for a full and clean Stock ROM installation on your device to clear all the system glitches, cache issues for a better user experience. You should now understand why flashing stock firmware is important. Now, you can take a quick look at the device specs before heading to the guide.
Table of Contents
LG X Power (K210) Specifications
The device packs a 5.3-inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels, a 16:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. While the handset came with Android 6 Marshmallow out of the box and offers three processor variants depending on the region. It’s powered by a quad-core Mediatek MT6735 / Mediatek MT6755M (LS755) / Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 CPU.
The LG X Power handset packs a Mali-T720 / Mali-T860MP2 (LS755) / Adreno 304 GPU respective to the CPU variant. It’s coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB onboard storage which can be expanded using a MicroSD card slot. On the front side, it sports a 5MP (f/2.4) selfie camera and the rear camera setup includes a dual 13MP (f/2.2) + an 8MP lens. The rear cameras feature an LED flash, AF, Panorama, etc.
It features a 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1/4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, MicroUSB port, USB OTG, etc. Talking about the sensors, it has an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor. While the device packs a 4,100mAh battery with 10W standard charging support.
Steps to Install LG X Power K210 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
Here in this guide, we will be sharing the easy method to flash the KDZ file on your LG X Power handset by using the LG Flash Tool. Before heading over to the flashing guide below, make sure to follow all the requirements properly. Also, ensure to download all the necessary stuff from the links below.
As usual, here we’ve shared a couple of necessary pre-requisites to read and follow properly before jumping over to the firmware flashing steps. These pre-requirements are useful to get things ready which will gonna be useful while flashing.
1. Firmware Compatibility:
It’s worth mentioning that this particular firmware file that we’ve provided will gonna only work for your LG X Power model. Don’t try flashing the firmware on other LG models to avoid any kind of bricking or stuck in the boot loop issue.
2. Take a Full Backup
Make sure to take a full data backup of your device before doing anything especially firmware flashing. Sometimes flashing a ROM can delete the internal data or even your data can be messed up during flashing. So, to keep things simple and save your data better, just follow this backup method (without root). Alternatively, if you’ve already installed a custom recovery like TWRP on your handset then you can also take a Nandroid Backup by following this method.
3. Maintain Battery Charge
It’s always recommended to check whether your handset is fully charged or not. Even if it’s not fully charged, just make sure to maintain at least a 50%-60% charge level before performing any task to avoid occasional shutdowns or battery juice run out issues.
4. Get Ready a Computer and a USB Cable
Before flashing the firmware file on your handset using a flash tool, you’ll require a PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable to connect your handset to the PC. Once connected, you can flash the downloaded firmware on your device via the flash tool.
5. Download Flash Tool and Drivers:
Additionally, make sure to download all the required flash files on your PC before you try this guide.
Download Flash Files:
Firmware Installation Guide:
Without further ado, let’s get into the firmware installation process below.
- We assume that you’ve already installed both the LG USB Driver and LG Flash Tool on your PC. [If not done yet, do this first]
- Next, boot your LG handset in the Download Mode. Just press and hold the Volume Up button of the phone > Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable (Don’t release the volume up button)
- Once connected, you can release the power button.
- Now, open the LGFlashTool.exe file > The flash tool interface will appear.
- Choose CDMA from the Select Type drop-down list.
- Then click on the Select File (folder icon) to browse and choose the firmware file for your LG model.
- So, choose the KDZ firmware file and click on Open.
- Now, click on the Normal Flash option below.
- The Read Phone Information window will appear.
- Just click on the START button.
- Next, you’ll have to choose the language and country from the Select Country & Language pop-up.
- Once done, click on OK to begin the LG X Power firmware flashing process.
- It generally takes a couple of minutes to complete the flashing process depending on the firmware file size.
- Once the flashing is done, your handset will restart automatically.
- Again booting your device for the first time after firmware flashing can take a couple of minutes.
- Once your mobile turned on, just disconnect the USB cable from the handset.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide pretty helpful. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.