Updated on December 19, 2020: Xiaomi started seeding November 2020 security patch to Redmi Note 8 Pro in Europe with build number V188.8.131.52.QGGEUXM based on Android 10.
Updated on October 22, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled another update for Redmi Note 8 Pro in Europe with build number V184.108.40.206.QGGEUXM based on Android 10. The update brings September 2020 security patch.
Updated on August 24, 2020: Finally, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro user in Europe started to receive the Android 10 update with software version V220.127.116.11.QGGEUXM. The update brings MIUI 12 features and the latest security patch.
Updated on December 24, 2019: Xiaomi has continued its excellence in delivering frequent software updates to its eligible devices this year. As the company has recently launched the upper-midrange smartphone Redmi Note 8 Pro (codenamed as begonia) globally and now rolling out another new firmware update for the European variant. Though the update is based on Android 9.0 Pie, it bumps up a new software version V18.104.22.168.PGGEUXM. Now, you can download MIUI 22.214.171.124 Europe Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 Pro from this article.
The latest firmware update brings the improvement of Notification shade that couldn’t open in some cases. The update is making its way via OTA in an incremental manner, so it may take a few days more to arrive completely. However, you can check the OTA update manually on your phone if you don’t want to wait longer. Additionally, we have provided the firmware download link, pre-requirements, and a step-by-step firmware installation guide below.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Update
You can check out the firmware OTA update on your Redmi Note 8 Pro easily via the steps below.
- Go to the Settings menu on your device > About Phone > Software update.
- If the latest MIUI 12 Europe Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) update is available, then grab the OTA by downloading and installing it.
- Additionally, you can go to the Software Updater app on your device directly to check the same.
However, sometimes you may not receive the OTA updates on time due to server and carrier-related issues. If you’re also facing a similar problem, you can manually install the firmware on your Redmi Note 8 Pro by following our full-depth guide.
Downloads and Changelog:
Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM
||Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second spaceOther
– Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Steps to Install MIUI 12 Europe Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
Now, before going to the firmware installation steps, make sure to follow all the requirements and then download links as well.
- The mentioned ROM is exclusive for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia).
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least.
- Make sure to take a full backup of phone data.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Download all the required files and tools as well.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Driver on your Windows/Mac PC and Install it.
- Next, download and install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC also. (for Fastboot Method)
Instructions to Install:
Now, check out the full step-by-step guide on how to Install MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 8 Pro via Recovery or Fastboot method.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We assume that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the firmware. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.