Updated on September 09, 2020: Today Xiaomi finally rolled MIUI 12 update for Mi Mix 2 in China based on Android 11. The update is labeled with software version V126.96.36.199.PDECNXM. The update brings new features and UI. Check the changelog for more info.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is receiving the latest security patch over MIUI 11 with other bug fixes. You can download MIUI 188.8.131.52 China Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2 which is based on Android 9.0 Pie and comes with software version V184.108.40.206.PDECNXM.
Talking about the MIUI 220.127.116.11 update for Mi Mix 2 Chinese variant, it brings the February 2020 Android Security Patch with improved system security. It also offers a stable MIUI version based on Android 10 along with some of the bug fixes and improvements that you can find below in the changelog. The firmware update bumps up a new software version V18.104.22.168.PDECNXM and it’s rolling out via OTA in a phased manner and will take a few days to hit all the units completely.
Check OTA Updates Manually
Due to the incremental roll-out process, the OTA update can take a longer time to arrive than expected. It’s highly recommended to check for OTA updates manually via the device Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update. If the latest update is available, simply download and install it.
Alternatively, you can check the firmware OTA update via the Software Updater app on your Xiaomi device. Ensure that the device is fully charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If in case, you’re not receiving the OTA update notification on your device, then you can manually install the firmware by following the guide below.
- System animations
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Super wallpapers
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- Floating windows
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- Dark mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Always-on display
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
- Lock screen
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- Home screen
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- New: Vlog feature for videos
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox
- Updated Android Security Patch to February 2020. Increased system security.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Data usage
- Fix: Data usage warning appeared multiple times
- Fix: Errors occurred after switching SIM cards
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Steps to Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 China Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2
Here we’ve provided two methods to flash the stock firmware on your Xiaomi device. You can either follow the Fastboot method or the Recovery method to install the latest update.
GetDroidTips won’t be held liable for any kind of error that may occur to your phone by following this guide or flashing any file. Take a full backup before doing anything and proceed at your own risk.
- The ROM supported for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 only. Don’t try it on other models.
- Charge your phone battery up to 60% minimum.
- Take a complete backup of internal data (No Root).
- You will need a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download and Install all the following tools and drivers on your computer.
Now, after following all the requirements and downloading the files/tools, you’re ready to install the firmware.
Steps to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can also check out the video tutorial below for your ease.
Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide helpful and you’ve installed or updated the latest MIUI firmware on your Mi Mix 2 successfully. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.