The newly announced Motorola Moto G Power is another budget category smartphone that offers a massive battery and triple rear cameras with macro support. There are no drastic differences between the Moto G Power and Moto G Power except for the battery, cameras, and a stylus pen. While the SD665 chipset offers good multitasking, the big honking battery can last more than a day on a single charge very easily. If you’re using a Moto G Power or planning to buy it, then this guide is for you. Want to install Stock Firmware? here we will share the latest Moto G Power Stock Firmware Collections [Stock ROM flash file]. We will share all the required download links for the latest firmware here along with the complete installation process.
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or any other mods for more features or customizations. In these situations, the device may not work like before or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, some times the default Stock ROM can also work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even factory reset won’t come in handy, then you should re-install the Stock ROM. By flashing a Stock Firmware again on your device will give you better experience like a new device.
Table of Contents
- 1 Moto G Power Specifications:
- 2 What is a Stock ROM?
- 3 Advantage of Stock Firmware
- 4 Moto G Power Stock ROM
- 5 Steps to Install Moto G Power Stock Firmware:
- 6 Update Moto G Power Stock Firmware via Recovery (Manually)
Moto G Power Specifications:
The Moto G Power comes with a 6.4-inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2300 pixels that has a pixel density of 399 ppi and more than 83% screen-to-body ratio. It runs on Android 10 and powered by Snapdragon 665 processor along with Adreno 610 GPU. The handset packs 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC 5.1 storage with a dedicated microSD card slot.
It packs a triple rear camera setup of 16MP (wide, f/1.7) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 2MP (macro, f/2.2) lens with an LED flash, PDAF, HDR, Panorama, etc. It supports [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected] video recording with gyro-EIS. While the front packs a 16MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie shooter with HDR mode. It features [email protected]/120fps video recording.
The handset sports a 3.5mm headphone jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, FM Radio, USB 2.0 Type-C port. It packs a giant 5,000mAh battery with 10W charging. The device features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyro, an ambient light, proximity sensor.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc then this guide is for you. Even your Moto G Power device may get bricked or stuck in bootloop issue for any reason. By installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything in track. Meanwhile, you can either install the fresh Stock Firmware on the Moto G Power or update the system software also.
Google’s Android OS is based on the open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes thing doesn’t go in the right way and you may find some errors or stability or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing a Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device bootloop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on Moto G Power.
- Revert back to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
Moto G Power Stock ROM
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update will be available for this device.
Moto G Power RETUS variant:
|QPMS30.80-51-3||May 2020 Security patch|
Moto G Power RETEU variant: XT2041-3
Moto G Power RETEU variant: XT2041-3
Moto G Power RETAR variant: XT2041-1
|QPE30.79-75||February 2020 Security Patch|
Moto G Power RETLA variant: XT2041-1
Steps to Install Moto G Power Stock Firmware:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requirements and the tools or drivers to download and install properly on your computer.
- This ROM file is only supported for the Moto G Power device. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Download and install the latest Motorola USB Drivers for Windows/MAC PC.
- Download and extract the ADB fastboot tool on your PC for the Fastboot Method.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- We recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root before doing anything.
Guide to Install: via ADB Sideload Method
- Now, navigate to the folder where you’ve extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Download Stock ROM for Moto G Power device from the download link given above and move it into the ADB folder.
- Then reboot your handset into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB from the Stock Recovery mode.
- Connect the phone with the PC via a USB cable, then open the command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now, type the below command and hit enter:
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- After complete installation, reboot the device.
- Wait patiently until the flashing process completes. You’re done.
Update Moto G Power Stock Firmware via Recovery (Manually)
- Go to the device Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 Times to enable Developer options.
- Next, go to the Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- After downloading the firmware file, move it to the device internal storage.
- Now, reboot into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card.
- Choose the downloaded zip file from SD card.
- Wait until the installation process completes and then reboot the device.
That’s it! We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed Stock Firmware on Moto G Power (blackjack) device. If you have any queries, feel free to write down in the comments below.