Motorola finally decided to skip the Android 8.0 Oreo update and roll the Android 8.1 Oreo update for Moto G5S Plus The update is currently available as an OTA for devices running Stock ROM without Root. Now install Moto G5S Plus Android 8.1 Oreo Update by following our guide.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air), and it may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive the update. Like we said, The update is rolling in a phase-wise manner. You need to wait for the official roll out to upgrade Moto G5S Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo Update. The update brings the latest Android 8.1 Oreo update and features along with a couple of improvements in performance and stability on Moto G5S Plus
Talking about the specifications, Moto G5S Plus features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Moto G5S Plus comes with Dual 13MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor in the front.
Before following the instruction to update the Motorola Moto G5S Plus, let’s brief about what is new in this Android 8.1 Oreo OS:
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest iteration of the Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
In case you didn’t receive the OTA update for Android Oreo, and you can’t wait, then you can check for the Moto G5S Plus Android 8.1 Oreo update manually by following the below steps.
How to Check Software Update on Moto G5S Plus
- Make sure your device is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Swipe down from the Notification bar, then tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll to and tap About phone > System updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
- Tap Restart Now after the software installs to automatically restart your device.
To verify the software update
- Swipe down from the Notification bar, then tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll to and tap About phone.
- The device has the latest software if the Android version, Build number, and Baseband version matches the current update details.
[su_note note_color=”#fff2fc” text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on Motorola Moto G5S Plus We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the new OTA update on Motorola Moto G5S Plus
Either you can wait for the OTA update, or you can manually grab the download link from the Motorola OTA Link Generator Tool. If you still not received the update on Moto G5S Plus, then check our article on How to force download latest OTA updates on your Android device.
|Build Number||Firmware Details|
|OPS28.65-36||Stable Oreo Full firmware|
|OPS28.65-36||5th Soak Test|
|OPS28.65-29||4th Soak Test|
|OPS28.65-14||3rd Soak Test|
|OPS28.65-7||2nd Soak Test|
|OPP28.60||1st Soak Test|
Steps to flash Moto G5S Plus Android 8.1 Oreo Update
Before following this, make sure you have installed all the drivers and tools on your PC. If you did, then make sure to follow the steps one by one to achieve 100% success on the installation process.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone for at least 70% Battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have Motorola USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Instructions to Install
[su_note note_color=”#fdfdea”]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are at GetDroidTips are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.[/su_note]
- First, you need to download all the required file from above
- Now you need to flash the Nougat firmware on your device.
- Once you are finished, you can complete the setup process.
- Now you need to sideload the OTA Oreo file to your phone. To do that,
- First get your phone into recovery mode.
- Please note: don’t rename the file name if you see a long name on it.
- To enter recovery mode, Hold Power and Volume Up button. This option will enter into recovery mode.
- Once you are in the recovery, select the option to apply update via ADB.
- Now run the ADB sideload command,
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Remember Filename.zip, where filename is the name of the OTA.
- This will start to update Moto G5S Plus to Android Oreo.
- Once the installation is completed, enjoy the Oreo build on your phone.
I hope this guide was helpful to Download and Install Motorola Moto G5S Plus Android 8.1 Oreo Update. Enjoy!