Nintendo, one of the most significant gaming brands in the whole world, is famous for selling the leading video game franchise of all time. The best example of the same is Mario, which influenced a lot of teenagers and put a substantial impact on them even now. Players usually go with the Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system when playing Nintendo games. But, the problem sometimes begins when you connect the player with Wi-Fi.
If you are also facing trouble connecting your Nintendo system to your Wi-Fi network, you might probably see the error code 003-1099. The error code usually appears when the Nintendo system (whether 2DS or 3DS) cannot detect any wireless access point. Sometimes, the case seems to be because of the router or network adapter built within the 3DS device. In another scenario, the 3DS server can also cause the same issue. You can check the following methods to overcome this issue in any of these cases.
How to fix Nintendo Wi-Fi error code 003-1099 coming in connectivity?
Make the changes to Network Configuration.
When the configurations on Nintendo 2DS or 3DS console are inaccurate, there are high chances of connectivity error. If that is the case, then making changes to the network configuration can be one of the most significant methods to rectify the error code 003-1099. The following are the steps that can be highly assistive for you.
- Open the Home menu and then select the System Settings option here.
- Now, you need to click on Internet Settings.
- Afterward, you can proceed to tap Connection settings.
- Here, you will find a ‘New connection’ tab, which you need to click.
- Go for the Manual setup option and tap on the “Search for access point” tab.
- You will witness a list of wireless connections available here.
- Out of the whole list, you need to click on your Wi-Fi Network and then press “OK”.
- Proceeding further, you need to enter the required configuration details.
- Press the OK button again.
- Make sure you enter the Network configuration details flawlessly.
- Then, your connection establishment procedure is complete.
In the end, you can check if the issue persists or gets resolved by following the method as mentioned above.
Transmit the ports
The transmission of ports, or the forwarding of ports, can also endow you with benefits to resolve the connectivity issues in your Nintendo internet accessibility. Scroll down to learn the steps which can be helpful for you in accessing the internet connection on your console.
- While forwarding the ports, you need to know that this procedure can be done only through the router’s main page.
- In this process, you must open a few ports to make the internet accessible on your Nintendo console.
- If you do not have access to all the console settings, you can contact your ISP to accomplish the tasks.
- You need to open UDP Ports: 442-445 and 28000-29500.
- Now, allow the UDP connections along with enabling UPnP type connections too.
You will experience hassle-free connectivity to the game servers when you do these settings. The best thing about the UPnP connections is that these lower latency with which you can experience flawless gaming.
Switch the wireless mode
While coming to witness the wireless modes, you need to know that there are three kinds of 802.11 modes. According to the existing wireless standards, the available mode types are 802.11g, 802.11b, and 802.11n. But, the Nintendo 3DS console does not support all the modes except 802.11b or 802.11g transmission mode. Therefore, changing the wireless transmission mode is quite an essential step to do if you want to access connectivity on your Nintendo device. You can follow these steps.
- Firstly, you need to open the browser and enter your IP address.
- Press Enter
- A login form will open where you need to enter the credentials. (You can locate the login details on the back of your Wi-Fi router)
- You must look for 11 settings among the numerous ISPs available on various pages. Otherwise, you can also look for an option that can assist you in configuring 802.11 settings.
- Ultimately, you need to change the transmission mode from 11 b/g to 802.11 b/g/n so that the device can choose the mode automatically even if it is 802.11n.
- Save the changes and now reboot the Wireless router.
- You also need to Reboot the console, and they try establishing the connection again.
- Check if you have got the resolution or not.
This wireless mode switching method has been successful in most cases. However, if you still face issues in resolving wireless error code 003-1099, contact the Nintendo service center or go for the following options.
Other short methods to resolve the issue:
- Take the assistance of your instruction booklet to check if all the settings are accurate.
- Keep the Nintendo 3DS system and wireless access point closer to each other, as it can help you eliminate obstructions.
- If many devices in the Nintendo range emit signals, then you must turn the other routers off to avoid interference.
If you try the methods mentioned above, you can surely eliminate the wireless access point connectivity issues in no time. Before trying these procedures, ensure the wireless router is not out of use and your modem is on.
You can easily follow the solutions mentioned above, and without the help of any professional technical hands, you can solve the error. We hope you are now capable of solving this error after reading this article. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.