Nothing has launched its first phone in the Smartphone Market. The Nothing Phone (1) comes with many features and unique designs. So, talking about the design, it has a transparent back with a notification light, giving it an aesthetic look. The Snapdragon 778+ 5G processor powers the Nothing Phone (1). It comes with Android 12 with the Nothing OS. The device has unique sound and ringtones. They have worked on this type of thing to stand unique in the smartphone market.
If you’re using a Nothing Phone 1 or planning to buy it, this guide is for you. In this tutorial, we will share the latest Nothing Phone 1 firmware flash file and guide you on installing it on your device.
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or mods for more features or customizations. In these situations, the device may not work like before, or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, the default Stock ROM can also work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even a factory reset won’t come in handy; you should re-install the Stock ROM. Flashing Stock Firmware again on your device will give you a better experience than a new device.
Nothing Phone 1 Device Overview:
The Nothing Phone 1 features a 6.55 inches panel with a 120 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The screen has a peak brightness of 1200 nits. Under the hood, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G+ processor built on a 6nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with one Cortex-A78 core clocked at 2.5 GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 642L. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with Nothing OS skin running on top.
In optics, we get a dual camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The dual rear camera setup consists of a 50 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens and a 50 MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The selfie camera at the front is a 16 MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear camera system can capture 4K videos at 30 fps, while the front camera is limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone comes with three storage options: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, and 256GB internal storage + 12GB RAM. We do not get a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, gyro, and compass. Powering it all is a 4500 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using a 33W power adapter. The company claims that the phone goes from 0 to 100 in 70 min. The smartphone is available in two colour options: White and Black.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc., then this guide is for you. Even your Nothing Phone 1 device may get bricked or stuck in a boot loop issue for any reason. Installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything on track. Meanwhile, you can install the fresh Stock Firmware on Nothing Phone 1 or update the system software.
Google’s Android OS is based on open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes, things don’t go the right way, and you may find some errors, stability, or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantages of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device boot loop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on the Nothing Phone 1.
- Revert to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
Nothing Phone 1 Firmware Flash Files
|Nothing OS 1.0.2||
|Nothing OS 1.1.0
|Nothing OS 1.1.2||
|Nothing OS 1.1.3||New Features
Bug fixes & performance improvements
|Nothing OS 1.1.4||
|Nothing OS 1.1.7||
|Nothing OS 1.1.7 Hotfix||
|Nothing OS 1.5 open beta||
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update is available for this device.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Nothing Phone 1
Before installing the stock ROM on your Nothing Phone 1, follow all the pre-requirements first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC.
- The firmware is only supported for the Nothing Phone 1 models. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Make sure to download the latest Google USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First method via Local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your Nothing Phone 1 device.
- Now, head to the Settings > System Updates > tap on the gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
Not available yet!
We assume that this article is useful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the Stock ROM flash file on your Nothing Phone 1 device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.