Ever wondered how you can install latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia X Compact very early ? then here you are! In this guide you will learn How to Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia X Compact. This ROM is based on OmniROM which is quite famous with its custom made features. Now you can install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on Xperia X Compact by following our simple guide. As we say Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Xperia X Compact, this ROM is not an official Android 7.1.2 Nougat from Lenovo Company. But you can install this Official OmniROM on Xperia X Compact. This is a Custom ROM built from Android Open Source Code. You may find bugs or lag, if you do then you can always revert back to Stock or any other custom ROM for Xperia X Compact.
This ROM is developed by oshmoun and Omni ROM team. All Credit goes to the developer.
Remember this is a stable build of Official OmniROM on Xperia X Compact. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try Android 7.1.2 OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia X Compact based OmniROM.
To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia X Compact or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install Custom Recovery on your Xperia X Compact.
What Is OmniROM?
The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.
Omni is a chance to get involved, no matter who you are. Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM features for 3 years, you’re welcome. Users, we know you want to help out, and now you can – Omni actively encourages bug reports and feature requests, which can be added to our publicly accessible roadmap. What’s the point in giving you a ROM, and forcing you to not tell us about any bugs you find?
We also recognise how people use Custom ROMs – we’re all custom ROM users and developers ourselves – the argument that “nightlies are not for end users” is over-used, and no longer valid. We’ve found that the vast majority of users want to get nightly updates to their ROM. For that reason, nightlies aren’t a playground – nightlies are for new features that are finished. You should be able to expect the same stability and reliability from a nightly as you would from a “release” ROM, and can report any bugs that prevent this from happening.
We know not everyone wants to update their ROM daily, and you are free to update as frequently or infrequently as you like. Omni is about flexibility and giving users what they expect – and we are excited to see where the community goes with it.
What Is In Android 7.1.2 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.1.2 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Xperia X Compact (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Xperia X Compact F5321 (XC/KUGO)
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Sony Xperia X Compact F5321
Steps for How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia X Compact (Custom ROM, OmniROM)
- First of all, Download the OmniROM Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded OmniROM and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the OmniROM zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia X Compact (Custom ROM, OmniROM) Successfully.
Steps for How to Root Xperia X Compact :
In Case if you didn’t find the root, Here is the step for how to root Xperia X Compact running OmniROM, This step is simple just like you installed the Custom ROM.