OnePlus Nord N20 5G was launched in the United States as their new mid-range smartphone that runs on 11 with the OxygenOS 11 skin. The smartphone features a 6.43-inch full-HD+ AMOLED with a 60Hz refresh rate. It is powered by the Snapdragon 695 SoC, which is paired with 6GB of RAM. For optics, the smartphone sports a triple rear camera setup, which includes a 64 MP primary sensor, 8 MP ultra-wide lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor.
If you’re using a OnePlus Nord N20 5G or planning to buy it, this guide is for you. In this tutorial, we will share the latest OnePlus Nord N20 5G firmware flash file and guide you on how to install it on your device.
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or mods for more features or customizations. In these situations, the device may not work like before, or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, the default Stock ROM can also work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even factory reset won’t come in handy; then you should re-install the Stock ROM. Flashing Stock Firmware again on your device will give you a better experience like a new device.
OnePlus Nord N20 5G Device Overview:
The Oneplus Nord N20 5G features a 6.43-inch AMOLED panel with a 60Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G processor built on a 6nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Kryo 660 Gold cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 660 Silver cores clocked at 1.7 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 619. The smartphone comes with Android 11 out of the box with OxygenOS 11 skin running on top.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The rear triple camera setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 2MP sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4. lens. The selfie camera at the front is a 16MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The front and rear camera setups are limited to 1080p recording at 30 fps.
The smartphone comes in a single storage variant with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. We also get a dedicated microSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer. Powering it all is a 4500 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using a 33W power adapter. The smartphone is available in only one color option: Blue.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc., then this guide is for you. Even your OnePlus Nord N20 5G device may get bricked or stuck in a boot loop issue for any reason. By installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything on track. Meanwhile, you can either install the fresh Stock Firmware on the OnePlus Nord N20 5G or update the system software.
Google’s Android OS is based on open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes, thing doesn’t go in the right way and you may find some errors or stability or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantages of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device boot loop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on the OnePlus Nord N20 5G.
- Revert back to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
OnePlus Nord N20 5G Firmware Flash Files
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update is available for this device.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on OnePlus Nord N20 5G
Before installing the stock ROM on your OnePlus Nord N20 5G, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements at first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC as well.
- The firmware is only supported for the OnePlus Nord N20 5G models. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Make sure to download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First method via Local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus Nord N20 5G device.
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates > tap on gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
Fastboot Method commands
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot flash abl abl.img fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot flash logo logo.img fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash odm odm.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot reboot
If you want to manually install the Stock ROM on your OnePlus Nord N20 5G handset, then follow the below-mentioned guide. Here we have shared the ADB Sideloading method to flash the Stock ROM on your OnePlus device.
We assume that this article is useful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the Stock ROM flash file on your OnePlus Nord N20 5G device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.