Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (codename: tulip) launched in September 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. On this page, you will find the solution to install the latest Pitch Black Recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip).
If you’re an advanced Android user and loves to customize your device or flashing custom files, you have definitely heard about TWRP or even used it most probably. But now you can use another fully-featured Custom Recovery called Pitch Black Recovery. It has been developed for an improved user experience than TWRP with better customizations, themes, and features. It’s worth mentioning that the Pitch Black Recovery is based on TWRP Recovery. The recovery just works similarly to TWRP and offers some additional features that you will find useful. Without further ado, you can follow this guide to install the Pitch Black Recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
The Pitch Black Recovery creates a bridge between the user and the device in order to complete the gap. With this recovery, you can easily flash firmware files, zip files, backup & restore data, and more.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro features a 6.26 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixel. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor under Adreno 509 GPU. The handset packs 32GB and 64GB variant with 3/4GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro sports a Dual rear camera with 12MP + 5MP camera and Dual Selfie camera with 20MP + 2MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo under MIUI 10 software package and backed by 4000 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader at the back.
Now, let’s take a look at the Pitch Black Recovery overview with its advantages below.
Pitch Black Recovery
Pitch Black Recovery Project (PBRP) is a Custom Recovery that is purely based on TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). But it has a lot of extra features than TWRP Recovery. A group of developers has developed the Pitch Black Recovery Project (PBRP) that offers better customizations and options.
It allows you to install Custom ROMs, Custom Recovery files, third-party Modules, enable Camrea2API, flashing root files, and more. Meanwhile, you can also create backup & restore, mount & wipe storage, sideload ADB, and more. Check out its advantages below.
- Support MIUI OTA Updates
- Treble and Non-Treble ROMs supported
- Full dark theme with changeable accents and texts
- Up-to-date with Android Pie
- Organized menus
- Misc tool includes
- SuperSU installer and remover
- Magisk installer and remover
- Universal flashable file for all variant of a device
- Supports multilingual
- Backup, Restore, Mount, Wipe
- ADB Sideload, Terminal, MTP fix, App Delete, PIN remover
- So on…
So, let’s check out how to install Pitch Black recovery for Redmi Note 6 Pro tulip.
|Pitch Black Recovery Changelog:|
v3.0.0 - Fully Redesigned UI - Added new Keychecks While Flashing PBRP or recovery.img or Ramdisk - Fully Redesigned Website https://pitchblackrecovery.com - New Android like Power Menu (Activated via power key hold) - Flashlight toggled by Vol up(+) on hold - New Scrollable Advanced menu - Totally Redesigned Icons - Removed old unnecessary Theming Stuff - Tested on almost all handy Resolutions - Flashlight toggle on Lockscreen - More checks for SAR/Non-SAR\ - New Navbar - Support on almost all Android version (5.0+) - Update ozip decrypt - Fix up ozip print logs & take all paths - Update FUNDING.yml - Fixed encrypted removal checks & buttons - Add Flag for disabling treble compatibility by default - Is_Data_Wiped: Simplify function signature - Unified AB_OTA_UPDATER - Change AB device log storage to /data/recovery - Delay start if specified in board - Optimize touchscreen driver initialization delay. v2.9.0 - Update kernel - Update DM Verity Logic - Update magisk - Update unroot magisk - Some bug fixed
Steps to Install Pitch Black Recovery for Redmi Note 6 Pro
Before starting the installation process, make sure to check out all the pre-requirements and download links at first. After following all the requirements, you can proceed to the fastboot installation method below.
- Both the guide and recovery files are supported for the Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip) device only.
- You will have to unlock the bootloader on Redmi Note 6 Pro before doing anything.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable are required.
- Maintain the phone battery more than 60% at least.
- Install the Latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows and For Mac.
Fastboot Installation Process:
- First of all, you need to connect your Redmi Note 6 Pro device to the computer.
- Then go to the Fastboot mode from your device. [Switch off > Press and hold Power + Volume Up button for a few seconds]
- Download the recovery.img file from the link given above and copy it to the installed ADB folder on your computer something like this. (C: > Protulip Files > ADB & Fastboot)
- Now, press Shift+ right-click on the blank area into the folder and open Command Windows.
- Next, type the below command in the command window to check whether the device is connected in fastboot mode or not:
- If you get a device serial number on your screen, you’re good to go. Otherwise, reconnect your device again in fastboot mode and make sure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Now, type another command mentioned below and hit enter:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery <pbrp-recovery.img>
- Next, type the last command to boot into recovery:
fastboot boot <pbrp-recovery.img>
- It will boot your device into the Pitch Black Recovery interface. Next, follow the below process.
Step 2: Zip Flashing
- Now, the Pitch Black Recovery Menu will open. Go to Install > Locate and select the Pitch Black Recovery zip file and swipe to confirm flash.
- Restart your device.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully flashed PBRP.
We hope that this easy guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the PBRP on the Redmi Note 6 Pro device. For any queries, you can write down in the comments below.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Redmi Note 6 Pro [Updated]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro and Root in a minute
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (Android 11)
- Common Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro