If you are facing Unable to Authenticate Pokemon Go Error, then here are some of the fixes that you could try out. Without a shadow of a doubt, Pokemon Go is among the best-augmented reality game. While catching Pokemon was everyone’s dream, this makes it a step closer to reality. While the rules are pretty clear and straightforward, users are facing an issue or two. No, these issues aren’t related to catching any specific type of Pokemon.
Rather, the problem stems out from an authentication error. When users are launching the game, no matter whether it’s on iOS or Android, they are being greeted with the error. Therefore, in this guide, we will list out some of the ways through which you could fix the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error. Let’s check out.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go?
In this guide, we will try out many different fixes to rectify the said issue. The error could either be a result of the server-side issues, or there might be some issues with your Google account linked to the game or issues related to the Pokemon Trainer Club (PTC) account. On that note, here are the different methods to fix the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error.
Method 1: Restart Device and Game
Well, before starting with other fixes, make sure to carry out the most basic one. More often than note, a simple reboot is all that is needed. So go ahead and close the game and try relaunching it. Make sure to remove the game from the background processes as well. For that, go to the Recents Apps section and swipe up to close it. Now relaunch the game and see if the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error has been fixed or not. If not, reboot your device and run the game. Even then if you aren’t able to fix it, try the next method given below.
Method 2: Verify Pokemon Go in Trainers Account
Make sure that you have opted for the Pokemon Go in your Pokemon Trainers Club (PTC) account. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Head over to the Pokemon Go website and click on the login option. This should be situated in the left-hand side menu bar.
- Enter your credentials and click OK. Do keep in mind that your username might be different than your avatar or trainer name. Now accept the terms and conditions to proceed ahead.
- If you don’t see the above message then you have probably missed a step or two. In that case, retry the above steps. Once done, launch the game and see if Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error has been fixed or not.
Method 3: Log in to the Game
If the above methods didn’t work out in your favor, then you could also try re-logging into your account. This could be done as follows:
If you have signed in to Pokemon Go and have previously played the game using the Trainers Club Account, and wish to continue it, then follow the below steps:
- Launch the game and head over to the Returning Player option. Select the Pokemon Trainer Club and log in using your Pokemon Trainers Club Account credentials. This is the same credentials that you use while logging in to the Pokemon Go website.
However, if you haven’t logged in to the Pokemon Go, but have played the game using Pokemon Go Trainer Account then follow the below steps:
- Launch the game and tap on the New Player option. Next up, choose the Pokemon Trainer Club and sign in using your Pokemon Trainers Club Account credentials. Now try playing the game, the error should be fixed. See if the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error has been fixed or not.
Method 4: Verify your Google Account
Some users are also able to fix the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error by logging into the game using their Google linked account. For example, a Redditor found out that by using the Google account that has been linked to the game, the error no longer appeared. After that, try logging out of the in-game menu and then login with your Pokemon Trainers Club account.
With that, we conclude the guide on how to fix the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error. There is no universal solution to this error. Different users are able to rectify the same using different methods. Do let us know which method worked out in your favor. On that note, also check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks.
[su_box box_color=”” title=”Related Posts”]
- Pokemon GO: Best Metagross Moveset
- Pokémon Go Dragon Week Makeup Event Schedule
- How to Fix Poke Ball Plus failing to connect with Pokémon GO
- Best Movesets for Normal Forme Deoxys in Pokémon Go
- Is it Safe To Spoof Pokemon Go in 2020?
- Pokémon Go Battle League Season 4 Dates, Rewards, and Level Requirement