If you’re experiencing the “Unable to Authenticate” error while playing Pokémon Go, there are several fixes you can try. Pokémon Go is an incredibly popular augmented reality game that allows players to catch virtual Pokémon and brings us one step closer to fulfilling our dreams of becoming real-life Pokémon trainers. While the game’s rules are relatively simple and easy to follow, some players have reported encountering issues, particularly an authentication error that prevents them from logging into the game.
Also Read: How to Fix Poke Ball Plus failing to connect with Pokémon GO
How to Fix Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go?
This guide will provide various fixes to resolve the “Unable to Authenticate” error in Pokémon Go. The error message can be caused by server-side issues, problems with your linked Google account, or issues related to the Pokémon Trainer Club (PTC) account.
To fix the error, you can try the following methods:
Method 1: Restart Device and Game
Before attempting any other fixes, it’s crucial to start with the most basic one. Often, simply rebooting your device is all that’s needed to resolve the “Unable to Authenticate” error in Pokémon Go. Begin by closing the game and removing it from the background processes by swiping up in the Recents Apps section. Next, relaunch the game to see if the error has been fixed. If not, try restarting your device and launching the game again. If the error persists, proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Verify Pokemon Go in Trainers Account
Ensure you have opted for the Pokemon Go in your Pokemon Trainers Club (PTC) account. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Head over to the Pokemon Go website and click on the login option. This should be situated in the left-hand side menu bar.
- Enter your credentials and click OK. Remember that your username might be different than your avatar or trainer name. Now accept the terms and conditions to proceed ahead.
- You probably missed a step or two if you don’t see the above message. In that case, retry the above steps. Once done, launch the game and see if the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error has been fixed.
Method 3: Log in to the Game
If the above methods didn’t work out in your favour, you could also try re-logging into your account. This could be done as follows:
If you have signed in to Pokemon Go and have previously played the game using the Trainers Club Account, and wish to continue it, then follow the below steps:
- Launch the game and head over to the Returning Player option. Select the Pokemon Trainer Club and log in using your Pokemon Trainers Club Account credentials. These are the same credentials you use while logging in to the Pokemon Go website.
However, if you haven’t logged in to Pokemon Go, but have played the game using a Pokemon Go Trainer Account, then follow the below steps:
- Launch the game and tap on the New Player option. Next up, choose the Pokemon Trainer Club and sign in using your Pokemon Trainers Club Account credentials. Now try playing the game; the error should be fixed. See if the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error has been fixed.
Method 4: Verify your Google Account
Some users can also fix the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error by logging into the game using their Google linked account. For example, a Redditor found out that the error no longer appeared by using the Google account linked to the game. After that, try logging out of the in-game menu and then log in with your Pokemon Trainers Club account.
Best Chesnaught Moveset in Pokémon Go
Pokemon Go Kecleon Location and How to Get It?
Fix: Pokemon GO Daily Incense Not Working
Pokemon GO Spotlight Hours February 2023
Best Gengar Moveset in Pokemon Go
How to Catch Shiny Mega Gengar in Pokemon GO
How to Fix Pokemon Go Login Error Facebook ‘App Not Active’
List of Pokemon Card Rarity 2023
With that, we conclude the guide on how to fix the Unable To Authenticate Pokemon Go error. There is no universal solution to this error. Different users can rectify the same using different methods. Do let us know which method worked out in your favour. On that note, also check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks.