Oppo’s sub-brand Realme has launched its two affordable budget segment devices called Realme 5 and Realme 5s last year. Both the handsets came with Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 and recently, both the devices have started receiving the latest Android 10 update on top of Realme UI 1.0 skin. However, sometimes the firmware OTA update may not arrive on all the units properly due to the carrier or region server-related issues. Even some of the users can also miss out on the OTA update notification. If you’re a Realme 5/5s user and facing the same problem, then you can check out the Realme 5/5s Software Update Tracker here with the software update guide.
It’s very common not to receive the OTA update in some cases. Meanwhile, some of the users also try to implement some of the advanced customizations like flashing a custom firmware, installing custom recovery, unlocking bootloader, flashing any third-party mod files, etc. While or after performing these steps, some of the users may get easily bricked their devices or even stuck in the boot loop issue. Therefore, flashing the stock firmware again on the respective device will come in handy and your device will start working like before.
Check for OTA Updates
Realme pushes the firmware OTA update to its devices in batches and it can take a few days or more to arrive on all the units completely. Meanwhile, the interested users can manually check for the OTA update from the device Settings > Software Updates. It will search for the available update and if yes, then download and install it.
Otherwise, the system will show that you’re running on the latest software version. Make sure that the phone battery is charged up to 50% or above and connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data. Now, let’s take a quick look at the software update tracker list below.
Realme 5/5s Software Update Tracker
We will keep updating the software update tracker list whenever a new update is available with software version, changelog, and more.
● Updated Android security patch (2021 # 08/2021 # 09)
● Updated Android security patch: Dec, 2020/Jan, 2021Camera
● Fixed the probabilistic issue that when taking a photo, then enters the album to check the content, and the content disappears after a flashTools
● Fixed the probabilistic issue that after renaming the recording file in the recording list, the list may appear a splash screen
● Updated Android security patch: Nov, 2020Settigns
● Added a toggle for displaying keyboard when entering app drawer
● Added From Sunset to Sunrise option of eye comfort
● Added short-press the power button to turn off flashlight feature while screen-offScreenshot
● Added a toggle for physical button in screenshot setting page
● Optimized the interactive mode for screenshot floating preview
|RMX1911EX_11.C.47 (Download Link)||[Visuals]
• Updated UI to Realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.[Smart Sidebar]
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.[Screenshot]
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.[System]
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added whole new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Added pause feature for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system built-in ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.[Games]
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space.[Homescreen]
• Added new live wallpapers.
• Added artistic wallpapers.
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.[Security]
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.[Tools]
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.[Camera]
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.[Photos]
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.[Communications]
• Realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
|RMX1911EX_11_A.23 (Download Link)||[Security]
• Android security patch: December 2019[System]
• Fixed some known bugs and improved system stability
Steps to Install Realme Stock Firmware
Now, if you want to manually install any particular firmware update on your Realme device then check the guide below.
- This software OTA file is only for the Realme 5/5S models.
- Make sure that your handset is running on the stock firmware in order to apply the update.
- Backup all the data on your device for safety.
- Ensure that the device battery level is more than 50%.
Check out the guide link below to update the software version on your Realme 5/5s.
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful and easily upgraded your Realme 5/5s device to the latest firmware version. Do you’ve any queries? Feel free to comment below.