In this tutorial, we will show you the steps to remove the autofill details from the Google Chrome browser. The autofill functionality of Chrome saves your details (after getting the consent) relating to address, names, payment methods, etc. The next time you are about to fill in a form, it will automatically bring up the prompt and would fill in the fields on your behalf. So why would someone want to part ways from such an important functionality? Well, there could be quite a few reasons for the same.
If you think that the time has come to bid adieu to Google Chrome and are about to make a switch to Firefox, Edge, etc, then it’s better to remove your saved credentials from Chrome. Furthermore, if there’s a shared PC in your home, then it becomes all the more important to Remove Autofill Details From Google Chrome. Not only from the security point of view but also from the user experience aspect.
The thing is when any member will be about to fill in a form, Google will show the prompt with details pertaining to your account. This not only calls for an extra step in closing the prompt every time but it might also be a security risk. Well, these are just some of the many reasons as to why one would need to carry out the aforementioned task. So if you echo these thoughts as well, then here are the required steps to remove autofill details from Google Chrome.
How to Remove Autofill Details From Google Chrome
We have broken down the instructions into three separate sections- for Windows, iOS, and Android. Head over to the one that meets your requirements. Just make sure that you are signed in with the Google ID from which the details have to be removed.
On Chrome Desktop
- Launch the Chrome browser, click on the overflow icon situated at the top right, and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Then go to the Autofill section from the left menu bar.
- You should now see three different options: Passwords, Payment methods, and Addresses, and more.
- Head over to the one from which you need to delete the information. As an example, let’s go to the Addresses and more sections.
- Within that section, you would see your saved address. Click on the overflow icon situated next to the address and select the Remove option.
- Likewise, you could carry out the same steps for Passwords and Payment methods as well. For example, the below screenshot shows the steps to remove a saved password.
Do these were the steps to remove the autofill details from the Google Chrome browser. Let’s now turn our attention toward the Android ecosystem.
On Chrome Android
- Open the Chrome browser on your Android device.
- Tap on the overflow icon situated at the top-right and select Settings.
- Then under the Basic section, you should see the ‘Passwords’, ‘Payment methods’, and ‘Addresses, and more’ option. As an example, let’s remove the saved address.
- So head over to the ‘Addresses, and more’ section and select your desired address.
- Then tap on the Delete icon situated at the top right.
- Likewise, you could also delete your saved password and payment methods in a similar manner as you did for the address. Refer to the below screenshot as a reference.
So that was all from this section on how to remove the autofill details from the Google Chrome browser on Android. Let’s now check out the steps for the iPhone devices.
Remove Autofill Details From Chrome on iPhone
- Launch the Chrome browser on your iOS device.
- Tap on the overflow icon situated at the bottom right.
- Then select Settings from the menu that appears.
- You should now see the ‘Passwords’, ‘Payment methods’, and ‘Addresses, and more’ option.
- Suppose you wish to delete a saved address. So head over to the ‘Addresses, and more’ section and tap on Edit.
- Then select the address that needs to be removed and hit the Delete button situated at the bottom.
- You could repeat the steps along the same lines for payment cards and passwords.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to remove the autofill details from the Google Chrome browser. We have shared the steps for all the three platforms, i.e. Windows, Android, and iOS. If you have any queries related to the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.