Lenovo K5 Play comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1440 pixels. It is powered by a 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor. It comes with 2GB of RAM. The Lenovo K5 Play runs Android 8.0 and is powered by a 3000mAh battery. Now, it’s 2020 and if you’re still using this device and facing issues with the IMEI, then you should follow this guide to fix IMEI number on Lenovo K5 Play.
The IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is a unique 15-digit code that accurately identifies the device by using the SIM card. Each and every IMEI numbers are individual numbers that are assigned to each and every mobile phone around the world. It’s really easy to check IMEI on any phone by using the *#06# into the dialer.
As the SIM cards can be swapped easily from one phone to another, only the IMEI helps to find out or track a particular device. But some users may find some issues with the IMEI numbers on their devices. Those reasons can be like flashing any Custom Firmware or any Custom File or any mod file as well. So, it’s a better idea to repair and restore the IMEI number.
Table of Contents
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Lenovo K5 Play
We’ve provided the easy guide to restore the IMEI number on your Lenovo K5 Play device by using the QCN Rebuilder Tool. It’s free and easy to use tool to restore IMEI on any Xiaomi or Redmi devices. Before going to the steps, follow all the download links and requirements at first.
- Ensure that all the required files are downloaded from the above links.
- Follow this guide and QCN file only for the Lenovo K5 Play model.
- Charge the device more than 50%.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable needed.
- Take a complete data backup of the device at first.
- Guide to enable USB Debugging.
Rebuild and Restore IMEI – Guide
- First, install and launch the QCN Rebuilder Tool on your computer.
- Then click on the ‘Open file’ and choose the Lenovo K5 Play QCN file.
- Next, you need to replace the IMEI number with the original one.
- Click on the ‘Rebuild’ option.
- Now, you have to connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Enable Diag (Diagnostic) mode on your device. (open the dialer and type *#*#717717#*#*)
- You can also try another method if the above code doesn’t work.
- Run command prompt on your PC and input the below commands then hit enter:
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Now, launch the QPST tool on your PC > click on ‘Restore’ option > locate the new Lenovo K5 Play QCN file and again click on ‘Restore’ button to start processing it.
We assume that now you’ve fixed the IMEI on your Lenovo K5 Play by following this guide properly. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.