Your Windows 10 computer has a notification area which is known as the System Tray. There, you can find a battery icon that shows your system’s current battery percentage. The battery icon is present alongside the other icons such as the calendar and time icon.
Sometimes users complain that they are unable to find the battery icon in the system tray. If you are one of the users who are struggling to find your system’s battery icon, then do not feel confused. Your battery icon must be missing. You can retrieve it by following these simple solutions we have provided below.
Methods to restore the missing battery icon on your Windows 10:
Method 1: Find your Battery icon
You can find a little arrow symbol in the below right corner of your screen. Click on that arrow, and you will find a notification area overflow pane. Sometimes the battery icon is present in this area. Now, drag the battery icon to your system tray where the battery icon is easy to find.
Method 2: Enable the battery icon
If you couldn’t find the battery icon hidden in the overflow pane, you can go to the Taskbar settings and enable the battery icon to show again on the Taskbar. Follow these steps.
- Right-click on an empty space in the Taskbar.
- You can choose the Settings option.
- Inside the Settings section, you will find the “Turn system icons on or off” option.
- Left-click on the Turn system icons on or off option and scroll down to find a Power button.
- If it is grey in color, that means it is off.
- Click on the box beside the power option to make it green in color.
- Now, you have switched on the Power button. Go to the Taskbar, and you can see the Battery icon present there.
Method 3: Re-enable the battery hardware
If none of those mentioned above methods worked for you, then you can opt for using the battery hardware. The battery hardware is accessible from the Windows Device Manager. Follow these easy steps to restore the battery icon.
- Press Windows key + X.
- It will open the Quick Access Menu.
- Now, choose the Device Manager.
- Then, click on the Battery tab.
- You can see two options: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- Choose the Microsoft AC Adapter and right-click on it.
- Select the Disable option.
- When prompted, click on Yes.
- Then, choose the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery option.
- Right-click on it and choose to Disable.
- Then you need to repeat the steps from 1-5.
- This time choose the Enable option for both the Microsoft AC Adapter as well as Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- Restart your computer and see if you can find the battery icon.
A battery icon is helpful to notify you about your system’s battery percentage. So, it is good to have it before you constantly in the lower notification area. In case you are wondering if it is possible to find your missing battery icon again, then the answer is yes.
It is a simple process. It won’t take much time from your busy schedule. Whether you are using Windows 10 on your computer or tablet, you can follow these methods given above to restore the battery icon. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the comment box.