After a big success of the Rocket League vehicular soccer video game for most of the gaming platforms, Psyonix has finally released Rocket League Sideswipe title for Android and iOS platforms in November 2021. As the mobile game is quite new in the market, it has a couple of bugs or errors that are affecting several players whatsoever. Meanwhile, plenty of players has started reporting about the Rocket League Sideswipe Crashing on Android/iOS.
If in case, you’re also facing the same crashing issue on your Android device or iPhone then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide completely. Rocket League Sideswipe is a standalone mobile game that offers stunning 1v1 or 2v2 fast-paced 2-minute matches so mobile users can play online with their friends or family quite easily. However, each and every mobile game do have its own sort of issues like lags, crashes, can’t connect to servers, etc.
Fix: Rocket League Sideswipe Crashing on Android/iOS
It’s needless to say that interested Rocket League fans or existing players can easily jump into the Rocket League Sideswipe mobile version for both Android & iOS devices respectively. Unfortunately, plenty of affected players are reporting about RL Sideswipe crashing on both Android and iOS platforms which can be considered as a server-side issue. Mostly the Google Pixel 6/6 Pro users are facing this issue with Android 12 apart from other apps too.
So, we can say that Android 12 users are currently experiencing the app or game crashing issue no matter which device model they’re using. Meanwhile, iOS device users are also facing the same crashing issue which is a bit of concern and the Psyonix team should fix this issue to the earliest. According to the official Rocket League Sideswipe Twitter handle, a new patch 1.0.3 update has been released recently on Dec 8, 2021. It should fix startup crashing for all.
Patch 1.0.3 is here and we've fixed the following:
✅ Startup Crashes for Various Android Devices
✅ Region Pinging Issue Touch Ups
✅ Various Epic Account Login Issues
✅ Decal Display Fix
✅ Additional UI Fixes
✅ Hoops Scoringhttps://t.co/McoLSNmZcy
— Rocket League Sideswipe (@RLSideswipe) December 8, 2021
As per the patch 1.0.3 update for the RL Sideswipe game, it seems that the update doesn’t only fix startup crashes for various Android devices but also fixes some other most reported problems. Such as Region Pinging Issue touch-ups, several Epic Account Login Issues, Decal Display fix, Additional UI fixes, Hoops Scoring, etc. However, other Android 12 OS users on the Samsung Galaxy S21 series and iOS device users are also encountering the crashing issue.
Luckily, we’ve mentioned a couple of possible workarounds below that should gonna help you out. Keep in mind that the provided methods may not work for everyone. Still, we’ll recommend our readers to try each method one by one until the problem gets fixed if the problem appears even after the update. So, let’s jump into it.
1. Set Quality Presets to LOW
If in case, you’re using the Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro device and even after installing the latest Rocket League Sideswipe patch 1.0.3 update, you’re facing the startup crashing issue then make sure to follow the steps below. Psyonix did officially acknowledge this issue and has responded on Reddit. According to the support team, the following step may fix the crashing issue until a fix is deployed. You’ll have to set the quality presets to LOW from the in-game menu.
- Launch the Rocket League Sideswipe game > Go to in-game Settings.
- Tap on Graphics > Make sure to Set Quality Presets to LOW.
- Once done, you won’t gonna encounter the Rocket League Sideswipe startup crashing issue on Android/iOS.
2. Update RL Sideswipe
If you haven’t updated your Rocket League Sideswipe game to the latest version then make sure to follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Next, tap on My Apps & games > Make sure to check whether the Rocket League Sideswipe update is showing on the list of the available updates or not.
- If so, just tap on the Update button next to the app and wait for it to install.
- Once done, make sure to open the Rocket League Sideswipe, and check for the issue. [You can also restart your handset to refresh the system and app data]
For iOS (iPhone):
- Open the Apple App Store application on the iPhone.
- Now, tap on the Profile Picture icon from the top-right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to see which apps are available for update.
- Check whether the Rocket League Sideswipe game update is on the list or not.
- If the app is there, then make sure to tap on the Update button.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Finally, launch the Rocket League Sideswipe, and check if the startup crashing problem is still bothering you or not.
3. Clear Game Cache and Storage Data
Sometimes a corrupted game cache or temporary storage data on your Android device can cause several issues with the game launching.
Note: There is no option to do this on iPhone. Only a simple restart will do the task.
- Go to the device Settings menu > Head over to Apps & Notifications.
- Now, tap on See All Apps > Head over to Rocket League Sideswipe under the App info section.
- Tap on Rocket League Sideswipe to open the app info page > Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Cache and then select Clear Storage > Once done, close the settings menu, and launch the game again.
4. Force Stop and Re-open the game
If you’re still facing the startup crashing issue with the Rocket League Sideswipe game then make sure to follow the steps below to force stop and re-launch the game.
- Go to the Settings menu on your Android device > Go to Apps & Notifications.
- Tap on See All Apps > Head over to Rocket League Sideswipe under the App info section.
- Next, tap on Rocket League Sideswipe to open the app info page > Tap on Force Stop.
- If prompted, just confirm the task.
- Once done, open the Rocket League Sideswipe freshly, and check if that helps you or not.
5. Reinstall the game
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Rocket League Sideswipe game on your mobile. It’ll basically clear out possible glitches or cache data issues completely.
- Tap and hold the Rocket League Sideswipe game icon to bring the pop-up menu.
- Now, tap on Uninstall. [You can also go to App Info and select Uninstall]
- Once uninstalled completely, just reboot your mobile.
- Finally, go to the Google Play Store app > Search for Rocket League Sideswipe and tap on Install.
For iOS (iPhone):
- Tap and hold the Rocket League Sideswipe icon from the home screen on your iPhone.
- Now, select Remove App from the pop-up menu > Tap on Delete App.
- The system will again ask you whether to delete the app or not.
- Select the Delete button to uninstall it.
- Next, open the Apple App Store application on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Search icon and type Rocket League Sideswipe then search for it.
- Finally, tap on the Get button or simply tap on the cloud download icon.
- Wait for it to install completely and launch the game to check for the crashing issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.