Rogue Company is one of the newly released third-person shooter online multiplayer free-to-play video games that are developed by First Watch Games and published by Hi-Rez Studios in 2020. The game is available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch platforms. But just like other PC games, Rogue Company PC version also comes with multiple issues or errors that several PC users are experiencing while launching or loading the game. If you’re also one of them, check how to fix Rogue Company Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or Lags with FPS drops.
Additionally, PC users can also encounter black screen issues, graphical glitches, game stuck at the loading screen, performance drops, stuttering, audio issues, can’t connect to online issues, and more. Here we’ve shared some of the possible and commonly used methods or workarounds that you can try on your PC to fix any of these issues mostly.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Does Rogue Company Keep Crashing?
- 2 Minimum System Requirements:
- 3 Recommended System Requirements:
- 4 Rogue Company Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or Lags with FPS drops: How to Fix
- 4.1 1. Update Graphics Drivers
- 4.2 2. Disable Steam Overlay
- 4.3 3. Adjust Discord Settings
- 4.4 4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- 4.5 5. Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- 4.6 6. Verify Game Files via Epic Games
- 4.7 7. Uninstall Recent Windows 10 Update
- 4.8 8. Remove Temporary Files
- 4.9 9. Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
Why Does Rogue Company Keep Crashing?
Check out some of the possible reasons behind the crashing of the Rogue Company game on your Windows PC.
- Your PC configuration isn’t compatible with the game requirements.
- Your game files are missing or corrupted.
- Either Windows OS or graphics driver is outdated.
- Maybe the DirectX version is outdated.
- Possible chances are the game version or the client version is outdated.
- Any background running service is consuming too much CPU/Memory usage.
- Maybe Windows Firewall or Antivirus program is preventing the game to run.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 (64 bit)
- Processor: Intel(R) Core i5-2320
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 650
- Storage: 20 GB available space
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i7
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 960
- Storage: 20 GB available space
Rogue Company Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or Lags with FPS drops: How to Fix
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below. Keep in mind that both the Nvidia and AMD graphics drivers are well optimized for the Rogue Company game. So, if in case, you haven’t updated your graphics driver yet, do this first.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
If you’re using the Nvidia graphics card then update the GeForce Experience app on your PC from the Nvidia official site here. But if you’re using the AMD graphics card on your system, then update the latest AMD Drivers from here.
2. Disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam on your Windows.
- Head over to the Settings > Click on the In-Game option.
- Click on the checkbox to disable “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game“.
- Once the checkbox mark is removed, click on OK.
3. Adjust Discord Settings
- Launch Discord > Click on User Settings.
- Select Voice & Video from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the Advanced.
- Next, disable OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco System, Inc.
- Then disable Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.
- Now, go to Overlay.
- You can also turn off the in-game overlay.
- Next, head over to Appearance.
- Go to Advanced.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Once done, restart the system.
4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Click on Adjust image settings with preview under 3D settings.
- Select Use the advanced 3D image settings.
- Next, launch the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click on Manage 3D settings > Go to Global Settings.
- Additionally, you can also adjust some of the other options:
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Use Maximum Performance for Power Management
- Turn off Low Latency Mode
- Set Texture Filtering Quality to Performance mode
5. Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- Go to Global Graphics.
- Turn off Radeon Anti-Lag
- Turn off Radeon Boost
- Use Application settings for Anti-Aliasing Mode
- Set Anti-aliasing Method to Multi-sampling
- Turn off Morphological Filtering
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Turn off Anisotropic Filtering
- Use Performance mode for Texture Filtering Quality
- You can also enable Surface Format Optimization
- AMD Optimization for the Tesselation Mode
- Wait for V-sync – Turn it off
- Use AMD optimization for the Shader Cache
- Disable OpenGL Triple Buffering
- Turn off Maximum Tesselation Level
- Set Graphics for the GPU Workload
- Turn off the Radeon Chill
- Disable Frame Rate Target Control
6. Verify Game Files via Epic Games
The Rogue Company gamers on Epic Games Launcher can follow the below steps:
- Open the Epic Games Library by logging into the account.
- Head over to the Rogue Company game interface.
- Click on the three-dots icon.
- Next, click on Verify.
- Depending on the game file size, it may take a couple of minutes to verify all game files.
- Once done, click on Launch to start your game.
7. Uninstall Recent Windows 10 Update
A couple of days ago, Microsoft has released a new update for Windows 10 with KB4535996. So, this particular cumulative update for Windows 10 is quite buggy and causing so many errors or problems.
- Go to Start menu > Click on Settings
- Next, go to Update and Security
- Click on View update history
- Now, if you can see that there is an update having KB4535996 has been already installed. Make sure to uninstall it.
- Here you will see Uninstall updates option on the top of the page.
- Click on it and select the mentioned cumulative update version.
- Right-click on it > Select Uninstall.
- It may take some time to delete that update and your system may restart automatically.
- Have some patience and you can also manually reboot your Windows PC (if required).
8. Remove Temporary Files
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the RUN program.
- Now, type %temp% and press enter.
- You will get a bunch of temporary files on a page.
- Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A on the keyboard.
Next, press Shift + Delete on the keyboard to remove all the files.
- Some times some of the temporary files can’t be deleted. So, leave them as it is and close it.
9. Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
As most of the users always want to use ultra-high performance from the CPU and GPU from the very first day. So, most of the users either buy an overclocked version or manually increased the overclocking speed. So, if you’ve also overclocked your GPU speed and after doing that you’re experiencing bottleneck or lagging or crashing related issues, just set it to default mode.
You can also use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm application in order to lower the clocking speed. Once done, you can run the Rogue Company game and check if the problem is fixed or not.
That’s it. We hope this guide was useful to you. You can comment below for any queries.