Samsung Galaxy A73 5G launched in India with a 108-megapixel primary camera and a 120Hz Super AMOLED+ display. The smartphone runs on Android 12 with One UI 4.1 on top, and under the hood, it has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G SoC paired with up to 8GB of RAM.
This post lets you download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for the Samsung Galaxy A73 5G devices. Now that Google has released the sturdy build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of Samsung, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their flagship smartphones. This new One UI 5.0 update would bring in many noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Samsung Galaxy A73 5G devices.
Samsung Galaxy A73 5G Device Overview:
The Samsung Galaxy A73 5G features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus panel with a 120 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. We get Corning Gorilla Glass 5 at the front and the back for protection. Under the hood, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778 5G built on a 6 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz and four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 642L.
In terms of optics, we get a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The quad camera setup consists of an 108 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 12 MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 5 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 5 MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The primary sensor has OIS(Optical Image Stabilisation). Coming to the front, we get a 32 MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. Both the front and the rear can capture 4K videos at 30 fps.
This smartphone comes in three storage options: 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, and 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 5000 mAh battery that supports 25W fast charging. The smartphone is available three colour options: Gray, Mint, and White.
Android 13 and Its Features
Google has finally started rolling out their stable Android 13 update to the public. As expected, only Google has released the update to their Pixel lineup, but no OEM has started cooking a stable yet.
Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 13’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 13 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Android 13 One UI 5.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on November 20, 2022: Today, Samsung rolled their first One UI 5.0 update to the Galaxy A73 5G with software version A736BXXU2BVK2. The update carries Android 13 with October 2022 security patch.
Download Android 13 | One UI 5.0 Update:
|Build Number: A736BXXU2BVK2
Security Patch: October 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Samsung A73 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 5.0 update based on Android 13 on your Samsung Galaxy A73 5G, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You must download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy A73 5G battery charged by at least 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy A73 5G.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 13 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy A73 5G. To flash Android 13 (One UI 5.0) on Samsung Galaxy A73 5G, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 13 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy A73 5G.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy A73 5G to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy A73 5G.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.