Samsung Galaxy Note FE (also known as Galaxy Note Fan Edition) started receiving the official Android 8.0 oreo update. Yes, Samsung started rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy Note FE (SM-N935S). The update is currently started rolling out for Korea’s SK Telecom (SKT) and will soon make available to LG Telecom variant in the Country. The update brings all Android 8.0 oreo features along with Samsung’s own Experience skin version 9.0 for Galaxy Note FE. The update is live now! You can now download the Samsung Galaxy Note FE Android 8.0 Oreo Update.
Samsung Galaxy Note FE features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with IP68 certified – dust/waterproof and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy Note FE comes with 12MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera. The Galaxy Note FE runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3,200 mAh battery with Fast battery charging and Qi wireless charging. It also has Iris scanner and fingerprint sensor on the front.
The upgrade is now rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users. The rollout is gradual and it might take a couple of days or months to accomplish every corner. Then you can install, if you aren’t fond of waiting for Samsung Galaxy Note FE Android 8.0 Oreo upgrade software version manually. Before that, we request you to test for the software OTA update. Below we have given the complete instructions on how to check software upgrade manually on your own apparatus. Before that, let’s brief about what is new in this OS:
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the Samsung Galaxy Note FE Android 8.0 Oreo update manually by following the below steps.
How to Manually Capture Samsung Galaxy Note FE Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you
- Ensure to have enough storage to download and install the Android Oreo update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Samsung Galaxy Note FE it.
Download Firmware hereDownload N935SKSU3BRD5 Firmware
Steps to Install Galaxy Note FE Android 8.0 Oreo
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and Drivers:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Instructions to Install:Complete Tutorial To Flash Latest Galaxy Note FE Firmware Using ODIN Tool
So, that’s all you have to do. Go download the latest Galaxy Note FE Android 8.0 Oreo update and enjoy.