Samsung is doing a great job in terms of providing the faster and latest software updates to its eligible devices across the globe. It seems that after releasing the improved One UI over Android 9 Pie back in 2018, Samsung has moved a step ahead and last year in 2019 the company has delivered the December 2019 patch to its plenty of devices which shows a good sign. Currently, Samsung Galaxy S10 is receiving the stable One UI 2.0 update. You can install Samsung Galaxy S10 Android 10 from this guide.
Previously, the South-Korean tech giant was known for its very selective Android updates or security patch updates to some of its devices. But the One UI platform has literally changed the whole game and now the company seems quite aggressive or you can say more free to push software updates even to its entry-level devices. Last year in September, Google has also launched Android 10 officially and Samsung has developed the One UI 2.0 based on Android Q which is the icing on the cake over One UI.
Table of Contents
Android 10 – Overview
Talking about the Android 10 version, it’s the latest version of Android OS launched a couple of months ago. This new Android version offers plenty of features and system improvements. While most of the OEMs are pushing software updates to its eligible devices in batches to fulfill the roadmap. This time the Android logo has been changed and Google has also skipped the alphabetical naming series.
The new Android 10 offers so many new and improved features like the system-wide dark theme, smart reply, focus mode, family link, live caption, easy security updates, sound amplifier, etc. While it also brings 5G support, foldable support, improved app permissions, enhanced location & privacy control, chat bubble feature, new parental control, improved gesture navigation control, and more.
One UI 2.0 – Overview
As we’ve already mentioned above that Samsung has not only changed the whole new UI & features, but also changed the user experience, software update consistency along with smooth & stable performance. Coming from the traditional TouchWiz interface then Experience UI then the One UI was pretty painful for both the users and the company. The One UI brings all-new features, system improvements, fluidity, one-handed operational modes, quick shortcuts, and more.
While the icons, system tray, notification center, lock screen, Always-On display mode, color contrast, the whole interface – everything looks stunning and smooth enough than the previous generation UI. Now, talking about the One UI 2.0 offers more refined and improved system optimization, redesigned UI, dark mode, Digital Wellbeing, built-in screen recorder, improved privacy control, etc. Additionally, it also brings audio & video codes, smooth gestures, improved recent UI, new camera UI, improved AOD (Always-On Display) mode, and more.
Steps to Install Samsung Galaxy S10 Android 10 with One UI 2.0
Make sure to download the pre-required files and drivers on your PC. Follow the step by step guide to successfully flash the Galaxy S10 Android 10 with One UI 2.0.
- The mentioned firmware is exclusive for the Galaxy S10 variant.
- Maintain at least 50% battery level.
- A PC and a USB cable are required.
- Take a complete backup of your device at first to keep your data safe.
- Enter your phone into the Samsung Download Mode.
- Firmware details:
- G973FXXS3BTA2 – January 2020 patch – United Kingdom: Download
- G973WVLS2CSL1 – January 2020 patch – Canada: Download
- G973USQS2CSL1 – January 2020 patch – US Carriers: Download
- G973U1UES2CSL1 – January 2020 patch – US Unlocked: Download
- G973FXXS3BSL4 – January 2020 patch – Europe: Download
- G9738ZMU2BSL7 – December 2019 patch – China: Download
- G973U1UEU2CSKP – December 2019 patch – US unlocked: Download
- G973USQU2CSKP – December 2019 patch – US carrier: Download
- G973FXXU3BSKO – December 2019 patch – Global: Download
- Samsung Kies – Download and Install the software on the computer
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on the PC
- USB Drivers: Download Samsung USB drivers
How To Install One UI 2.0 on Samsung Galaxy S10 (Android 10)
Below are both the methods via which you can install the One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 update on your Galaxy S10.
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.13.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Note: You should not remove or operate on your device until the flashing process is shown to be completed.
This will install the One UI 2.0 on your device and upgrade the system OS to Android 10. So, there you have it from my side in this post. Notably, this will allow you to get a taste of One UI 2.0 along with Android 10 on your device Also, keep in mind to follow all the instructions mentioned above in order to avoid any issues while installation or any permanent damage to your phone. Until the next post…Cheers!