Android 10 just launched a couple of days ago with lots of new features and UI changes. If you’re using or even planning to buy Samsung Galaxy S10 model and want to about Android 10 update, follow it. From the last year after launching the One UI, Samsung has improved its update track a little bit. Now, it seems that Samsung trying to provide software updates to its flagship devices quite faster. This year, Samsung Galaxy S10 family launched with flagship specifications based on Android 9.0 Pie. Here in this article, we will provide you Samsung Galaxy S10 Android 10 release date and features.
Last year Samsung has launched Android Pie beta program in November and the One UI released officially in January this year. Therefore, it’s quite expected that the Android 10 version will be released very soon on the top of One UI 2.0 skin.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Android 10 Release Date
According to the XDA Developers, Samsung is already working on the Android 10 internal update and will release it very soon. Meanwhile, T-Mobile also testing the early beta builds for its Galaxy flagship devices which were confirmed by a T-Mobile Support page. Whenever it passes quality standards, the company will try to provide an update.
According to the SamMobile, about a month ago some of the leaks and a first look video appeared online of One UI 2.0 based on Android 10. Samsung is working on builds for Android 10 for the Snapdragon and Exynos Galaxy S10 series devices. Additionally, Samsung also has a single test build of Android 10 for the Exynos Galaxy Note 10 variant. Though there is no internal test build confirmed for the Snapdragon Galaxy Note 10 variant yet which may start soon.
According to the XDA, the latest One UI 2.0 build for the Galaxy S10+ in the US will be G975USQU2CSI5 software version. Whereas the Exynos Galaxy Note 10+ variant has a build number of N975FXXU1BSI5. Though there is no confirmation about the build numbers yet officially. As Samsung is working to provide the Android 10 update to its flagship devices, it will be good to see the timeline. We can expect that the One UI 2.0 may arrive at the Samsung Developer Conference by October 2019.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). You can check out full details from here.
- Live Caption feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- The Gesture Navigation system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls feature offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls feature also offers advanced security layer and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode is an improved version of Digital Wellbeing feature with enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link is quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control device or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
The Samsung One UI is a custom skin for Samsung devices which was optimized to run Android 9 Pie version. While the upcoming One UI 2.0 will be optimized for Android 10 OS version. Therefore, all the core features of Android 10 may not be available along with One UI 2.0 release. But we can expect that Samsung will add all the useful features soon with custom UI and tweaks.
Till then, stay tuned for more info.