Samsung; the giant MNC recently unveiled its new flagship Galaxy “S” series in an unpacked event held on February 11. Until Samsung revealed that this series would be called as Galaxy S20 instead of the Galaxy S11. So let us talk in detail about the Galaxy S20 series. These new series include the Galaxy S20; the base model, the mid-Galaxy S20+, and the higher variant i.e. the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. Here we’ve shared a full list of Samsung Galaxy S20 Software Update Tracker.
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy S20 user and waiting for the latest firmware update or missed out on any particular firmware version, then you can easily find out the firmware and download it from the given link. Additionally, we’ve provided the firmware update changelogs, installation steps, requirements, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the device overview below.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Specifications
- Check OTA Update
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Software Update Tracker
- How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S20 Manually
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Android 11 Timeline Tracker
Samsung Galaxy S20 Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy S20 comes with a 6.4 inches Dynamic AMOLED display with a QHD+ resolution i.e. with 1440 x 3200 pixels. It has a screen-to-body ratio of 89.5 percent, an aspect ratio of 20:9, a pixel density of 563 PPI, and also HDR10+ compatible display. The display also packs an ultra-sonic in-display fingerprint scanner and this also gets protects by this Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
In some markets underneath the Samsung Galaxy S20, it sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC and Adreno 650 GPU. The Galaxy S20 also comes with the in-house Exynos 990 SoC and Mali-G77 MP11 GPU. The device is available in only a single variant i.e. in the 8GB LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage. This is further expandable via a micro SD card up to 1TB.
Coming to the optics, the Galaxy S20 has a triple rear camera setup which gets arranges in a vertical setup to the left of the device. This rear camera setup includes a 12MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture value, Dual Pixel PDAF, and also Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). Further, this primary sensor is also gets assisted by a secondary 64MP telephoto sensor with f/2.0 aperture value, PDAF, Optical Image stabilization (OIS), 3x hybrid optical zoom. Finally, it has a 12MP ultra-wide sensor with an f/2.2 aperture value and autofocus, and Super steady video.
Coming to the first sundry, the Galaxy S20 packs with a large 4,500 mAh battery and charges over a USB type C port. As expected, the device runs on One Ui 2.0 which is based on the latest Android 10. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NFC, FM radio (USA & Canada only), and USB 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go. Other sensors in this smartphone include an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass. Barometer, ANT+, Bixby natural language commands and dictation, and Samsung DeX (desktop experience support).
Check OTA Update
Samsung always releases firmware OTA updates to its eligible devices in batches based on the server or region. So, it’s quite obvious that most of the users may receive the firmware update notification lately. However, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device via the phone settings.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and fully charge the battery level. If your device gets the latest software update notification, you can simply grab the OTA by downloading and installing it. But if in case, you want to install any particular update version or want to keep updated with each and every firmware update, you should follow the tracker list below.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Software Update Tracker
We will keep updating the firmware update details whenever a new update will be available. So, make sure to bookmark this page.
Make sure to download the correct firmware for your device. If you are using G986N, then download firmware starting with G986N.
Galaxy S20 Update [Global / Europe / Asia and More]
G981BXXSEFVF4: July 2022 Security Patch
G981BXXSEFVE6: June 2022 Security Patch
G981BXXU8DUF9: July 2021 Security Patch
G981BXXU7DUE1: May 2021 Security Patch Update
G981BXXU7DUDB: April 2021 Patch
G981BXXS7DUC9: April 2021 Security Patch
G981BXXS6DUBA / G981BXXU7DUC7: March 2021 Patch
G981BXXS6CUA8: February 2021 Patch
G981BXXU5CUA3: Galaxy S20 5G January 2021
G980FXXU4BTH5: August 2020 Patch – Europe/MEA
G980FXXS4ATGB: August 2020 Patch – Europe
G980FXXU3ATG4: July 2020 Patch – Russia, Ukraine, Nordic, Uzbekistan, UAE, Israel
G980FXXU3ATFG: July 2020 Patch – Germany
G980FXXU2ATE6: May 2020 Patch – Asia
G980FXXU2ATDD: May 2020 Patch – Europe
G980FXXS2ATD5: May 2020 Patch – Europe
G980FXXU1ATD3: Fix Green Tint
G980FXXU1ATCT: April 2020 Security Patch – Asia, South America, and the Middle East
G980FXXU1ATCH: May 2020 Security Patch – South Asia and Middle East/Africa
G980FXXU1ATBM: May 2020 Security Patch – Global
G981VSQU1BTH2: August 2020 Patch – Verizon
G981USQU1BTHD: August 2020 Patch – T-Mobile
G981BXXU4BTH5: ONEUI2.5 Update
G981BXXS4ATGB: August 2020 Patch
G981USQU1ATFD: 5G Network Issue
G981VSQU1ATEA: June 2020 Security Patch – Verizon
G981BXXS2ATE7: June 2020 Security Patch – Europe
G981USQU1ATE6: May Security 2020 Patch – USA
G981VSQU1ATE3: May 2020 Patch – Verizon
G981BXXU2ATE6: May 2020 Patch – Europe
G981WVLS1ATD3: May 2020 Patch – Europe
G9810ZHU1ATE6: May 2020 Security Patch (Taiwan/HK)
G981BXXU2ATDD: May 2020 Patch – Europe
G981BXXS2ATD5: May 2020 Patch – Europe
G981BXXU1ATD3: Fix Green Tint
G981USQU1ATD6: April 2020 Patch – Europe
G981BXXU1ATCT: April 2020 Patch – Europe
G981USQU1ATCU: April 2020 Patch – Sprint
G981USQU1ATCM: March 2020 Patch – T-Mobile
G981BXXU1ATCH: March 2020 Patch – Europe
G9810ZCU1ATCH: March 2020 Patch – Hong Kong and China
G981USQU1ATCH: March 2020 Patch for Sprint – USA
US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Update:
G981U1UEU2FVE4: May 2022 Patch
G981U1UEU1BTH3: August 2020 Patch
G981U1UES1ATFB: July 2020 Patch
G981U1UEU1ATF1: June 2020 security patch
G981U1UES1ATE4: June 2020 Patch
G981U1UEU1ATCT: April 2020 Patch
G981U1UEU1ATBN: First Software Update
G981U1UEU1ATCH: March 2020 Patch
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S20 Manually
Ensure to follow all the requirements properly before going to the firmware installation process.
- Before you go ahead with the procedure, make sure to take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy USB drivers.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging:
– To do that again, head to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Enter your Galaxy device into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for Samsung phones with capacitive buttons and Volume Down + Bixby + Power for newer models.
Download Required Tools:
- How to Download Firmware: Frija Tool | Samfirm Tool | Samsung Firmware Website
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Instructions to Install
- Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Android 11 Timeline Tracker
No Update on the Android 11 version
We hope this tracker list and firmware flashing guide was helpful to all the Samsung Galaxy S20 users. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.