Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G was launched globally with triple rear cameras and a 120Hz AMOLED display. It also comes with up to 8GB of RAM and a maximum of 256GB of onboard storage.
This post lets you download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 devices. Now that Google has released the sturdy build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of Samsung, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their flagship smartphones. This new One UI 5.0 update would bring in many noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 devices.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G Device Overview
The newly launched Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G features a 6.4-inch AMOLED panel with a high refresh rate of 120 Hz. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G built on a 5nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with one Kryo 680 core clocked at 2.84 GHz, three Kryo 680 cores clocked at 2.42 GHz, and four Kryo 680 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. Additionally, instead of the Snapdragon chipset in some specific regions, we have Exynos 2100 built on a 5 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with one Cortex-X1 core clocked at 2.9 GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.8 GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.22 GHz.
Coming to the optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The triple camera setup consists of a 12 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8 MP telephoto sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 12 MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. At the front, we get a 32MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. Both the front and rear camera setups are capable of capturing 4K videos.
There are three storage variants available for this smartphone: 128GB + 6GB RAM, 128GB + 8GB RAM, and 256GB + 8 GB. Regarding communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C. And for sensors, we have an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 4500 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using the 25W adapter included in the box. The company claims the battery goes from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes. This smartphone has four colour options: White, Graphite, Lavender, and Olive.
Android 13 and Its Features
Google has finally started rolling out their stable Android 13 update to the public. Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 13’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 13 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Android 13 One UI 5.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on December 8, 2022: Today, Samsung rolled their first One UI 5.0 update to the Galaxy Z Flip 3 in Europe with software version G990BXXS2DVK4. The update carries Android 13 with November 2022 security patch.
Updated on November 20, 2022: Today, Samsung rolled their first One UI 5.0 update to the Galaxy Z Flip 3 with software version G990EXXU3DVK4. The update carries Android 13 with October 2022 security patch.
Download Android 13 | One UI 5.0 Update:
|Build Number: G990BXXS2DVK4
Security Patch: November 2022
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: G990EXXU3DVK4
Security Patch: October 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Samsung Z Flip 3
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 5.0 update based on Android 13 on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You must download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 battery charged by at least 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 13 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3. To flash Android 13 (One UI 5.0) on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 13 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy Z Flip 3 to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy Z Flip 3.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.