Snapchat is a messaging app for mobile devices that allows users to send and receive “snaps” (photos, text messages, voice messages, videos and drawings). The app also allows users to share their current location with their friends, and it has a feature that lets you see how long it will take for your message to be “read” by the recipient.
However, sometimes Snapchat can have issues, like any other app, and one of those issues is with the app’s voice messaging feature. Here are some potential solutions if you’re having trouble sending or receiving voice messages on Snapchat.
- Why are Voice Messages Not Working on Snapchat?
- Fix Voice Messages Not Working on Snapchat
- Method 1: Force Close and Reopen the App
- On Android:
- On iPhone:
- Method 2: Update the Snapchat App
- On Android:
- On iPhone:
- Method 3: Enable Microphone Access from Privacy Settings (Android)
- Method 4: Free Up Storage Space
- Method 5: Clear Snapchat Cache
- Method 6: Check Snapchat Server Status
- Method 7: Check App Permission
- On Android:
- On iPhone:
- Method 8: Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat App Again
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why are Voice Messages Not Working on Snapchat?
There are a few reasons your voice messages might not work on Snapchat.
- The person you’re trying to send a voice message to may not have Snapchat installed on their device.
- Your internet connection may be low enough to support sending a voice message.
- There may be a problem with Snapchat’s servers.
- Snapchat’s voice messaging feature may not work properly due to a problem with the app or your phone.
- Snapchat’s voice messaging feature may not be compatible with your phone.
- Snapchat’s voice messaging feature may be turned off by default.
- You may not have the up-to-date version of Snapchat installed on your phone.
Fix Voice Messages Not Working on Snapchat
Most Snapchat users reported facing voice message issues on their devices. However, there are some potential methods to fix the not working voice message issue on your Android and iOS devices.
Method 1: Force Close and Reopen the App
When you choose force stop in Snapchat then, it terminates the processor. However, it usually solves the temporary issue on the app. Follow the steps below to do this setting on your Android and iPhone devices.
- Long Press on the Snapchat app icon.
2. Tap on the info icon.
3. Again, Tap on the Force stop option to close Snapchat.
If you are using Snapchat on your iPhone, then switch the app by swiping upwards by the bottom of the screen. Find the Snapchat Card on your iPhone and scroll down to close it.
If you have tried the above method, then the next thing is to check the voice message on your device. Reopen the Snapchat app and try to send voice messages again.
Method 2: Update the Snapchat App
Most users don’t update their apps to the latest version, and this creates an issue on your device. Updating the apps to the latest version is a good idea and makes your apps faster than previous ones. Initially, updating any apps on your device brings performance, new features, and improvements as well. If the voice message is not working on Snapchat, then you need to update it from the App Store/ Play Store. Follow the procedure to update the Snapchat app on your device.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Tap on the profile icon to access the settings.
3. Tap on “Manage apps and devices.”
4. Tap on “Updates available.”
5. Now, Tap on “Update” to update the latest version.
- Go to the App Store.
2. Search “Snapchat” on your App Store.
3. Tap on “Update” on Snapchat.
Method 3: Enable Microphone Access from Privacy Settings (Android)
Microphone Access is necessary for the voice messages on your device; without microphone access, the voice messages do not work on your device. If you are on Android 12 or Android 13, then you can easily access the camera and microphone settings. Snapchat won’t be able to access voice messages without the microphone. To enable microphone access on Android, follow the steps.
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on “Privacy protection.”
3. Tap on “Microphone.”
4. Now Select “Snapchat” and allow the permission.
Restart the Snapchat app on your device and try to send or record voice messages. If this method does not work, then move to another method.
Method 4: Free Up Storage Space
The Snapchat app automatically downloads and stores the data like voice messages, videos, pictures, and more. However, if there is no sufficient storage on your device, then voice messages won’t be accessible. To access voice messages on your device then, you need to free up storage space.
There are a few potential things you can do to free up storage space on any Android or iPhone device:
- Delete any unnecessary files, such as old photos, videos, or music.
- Uninstall the apps that you no longer use.
- Move any files that you can to a cloud storage service, such as Google Drive or iCloud.
- If your device has an expandable storage option, such as a MicroSD card, consider moving some files to that storage.
Method 5: Clear Snapchat Cache
As you know, all the applications collect the cache data for various purposes. The Snapchat app collects cache data for the sustain to use Snapchat filters, view stories, and more. Furthermore, this data may become outdated and corrupted after some time. The app will not function smoothly and properly when this happens.
However, Snapchat has allowed you to clear the cache data from the settings in the app. The following methods will work for both Android and iPhone devices.
- Go to the Snapchat app on your device.
- Tap on the profile icon.
3. Tap on the top right corner to visit the settings menu.
4. Scroll down, select “Account Actions, ” and tap on clear cache.
Method 6: Check Snapchat Server Status
If you are having issues with Snapchat not sending or receiving voice messages, you should first check the Snapchat server status. If the servers are down, you will not be able to send or receive voice messages. To check the server status, you can go to the Snapchat support page or use a third-party service like DownDetector.
Method 7: Check App Permission
Snapchat needs app permission to access the microphone to send voice messages. If you did not enable this access, you could not send and record voice messages on your device. Additionally, most users don’t allow access to the apps or know how to enable it. Here is how you can fix them.
- Long-press on the Snapchat app icon on your device.
- Tap on the info icon to open the setting menu.
3. Go to the permission.
4. Tap on “Microphone” and choose “Allow only while using the app.”
- Tap on the Settings app on your iphone device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Snapchat.”
3. Now switch on the microphone to access Snapchat.
Method 8: Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat App Again
You can solve this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the Snapchat app again. It will fix the minor issues which are faced in the app. To uninstall the Snapchat app, press on the Snapchat icon to uninstall. Once Snapchat is uninstalled, restart your device and then install the Snapchat app again from Google Play Store.
After reinstalling the app, open the Snapchat app on your device and sign in with your account, and try to send voice messages to those you know. This will be the issue on the Snapchat app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I hear my Snapchat voice messages?
There could be a few reasons you can’t hear your Snapchat voice messages. First, check to see if your volume is turned up. If it is, try restarting your phone.
How do I record a voice message on Snapchat?
To record a voice message on Snapchat, press the record button while speaking. Release the button when you’re done recording.
Why can’t the person I’m sending a Snapchat voice message to hear it?
There could be a few reasons why the person you’re sending a Snapchat voice message to can’t hear it. First, check to see if your volume is turned up. If it is, try restarting your phone. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Snapchat app.
How do I fix Snapchat voice messages not working?
If Snapchat voice messages are not working on your Android phone, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you have the latest (up-to-date) version of the Snapchat app installed on your phone.
- Restart your phone and try sending a voice message again.
- Check if you have any outstanding updates for the Snapchat app.
- Delete the Snapchat app and reinstall it.
Why can’t I receive Snapchat voice messages?
If you’re not receiving Snapchat voice messages, the person trying to send them to you may have their microphone turned off. Ask them to check their microphone settings and try again. There’s also possibly an issue with the Snapchat app itself.
We hope that the above methods helped you fix Snapchat Voice Messages. If you still face this Snapchat Voice Message Not Working problem, then please share your problem with us. We will try our best to find the best solution for you.