The Xiaomi Mi CC9 was launched in July 2019, known as Xiaomi Mi CC9mt Meitu Edition. It came with Super AMOLED display, Android 9.0 Pie, SDM710 SoC, 6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage, triple rear cameras, a 4030mAh battery, 18W fast charging support, and more. Now, there is good news for all the Xiaomi Mi CC9 (Codenamed as pyxis) Chinese variant users, as the stable Android 10 update is rolling out in China with the software version MIUI 184.108.40.206.QFCCNXM.
If you’re waiting for the stable official Android 10 update for a while on your Mi CC9 Chinese unit, then this guide is for you only. Here you can easily download and install the latest firmware update on your handset by following the guide below along with download links, requirements, and installation steps. The new firmware update also brings February 2020 Android Security Patch Level with increased system security and fixed data usage warning that appeared multiple times.
As the firmware update is rolling out in batches via OTA, it’s quite possible that some of the users may get the OTA update notification quite late than expected. However, you can check for OTA updates or manually flash the firmware as well. So, let’s check out the full article.
Check Software Update (OTA)
In order to check the firmware update on your device manually, you can head over to the device Settings >> About Phone >> Software update >> Check for update. Alternatively, you can go to the Software Updater app to check the OTA update.
Now, if you find that there is an update available on your device, just download and install it. Once installed, your device will automatically reboot into the new system and it may take some time to boot for the first time. So, please be patient.
- Ensure that the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Try to charge your phone up to 50% at least before doing anything.
Changelog: MIUI 220.127.116.11.QFCCNXM
– Stable MIUI based on Android 10
– Updated Android Security Patch to February 2020. Increased system security.
- Data usage
– Fix: Data usage warning appeared multiple times
Steps to Install Xiaomi Mi CC9 Android 10 update (18.104.22.168.QFCCNXM)
If in case, you’re not receiving the latest firmware OTA update notification on your device, you can manually install the firmware update by following the full-depth guide below. Ensure to follow all the requirements and download links below before flashing the firmware.
- This China Stable ROM is exclusive for the Xiaomi Mi CC9 (pyxis) Chinese variant devices.
- Make sure to charge the device more than 60% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Take a full device data backup (No Root).
- Download all the necessary files or tools or drivers on your computer.
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and Install it on your PC or Laptop.
- Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool – Download and Install it on your computer as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- Download MIUI 22.214.171.124.QFCCNXM Firmware – Recovery ROM
Instructions to Install: MIUI 126.96.36.199.QFCCNXM China Stable ROM for Mi CC9 (Android 10)
Make sure to follow all the requirements and downloads properly. Then you can follow the below guide to install the MIUI 188.8.131.52.QFCCNXM China Stable ROM on your Xiaomi Mi CC9. You can choose either Recovery method or Fastboot method according to the firmware.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
Alternatively, check out the video tutorial below for visual support:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you’ve installed or updated the stable Android 10 update on your Xiaomi Mi CC9 (pyxis) Chinese variant successfully. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.