In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to install the Samsung SM-F916W (Galaxy Z Fold 2) firmware flash file using the Samsung flash tool (also known as ODIN flash tool). On this page, you will find the official stock firmware file for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 SM-F916W, drivers, and flash tool.
By flashing the Stock ROM file, you can always fix the device software issue such as boot loop, lag, soft brick or hard brick, remove pattern lock, FRP lock, and many more.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Specifications
Samsung calls the “Hideaway Hinge” of Galaxy Z Fold 2 “The most advanced mechanism for folding technology”. This means the Galaxy Z Fold 2 can not only open & close but also stand on its own at various angles, thanks to this hinge design.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 features a 7.6-inch display with Samsung’s Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG) & it’s a Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel (1768 x 2208) with 120Hz refresh rate. because of the LTPO technology, there’s a variable refresh rate which suggests the display can refresh as slow as once or as fast as 120 times every second. On the surface, there’s a 6.2-inch Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 2260 x 816 pixels. The refresh rate is 60Hz. Both the displays support HDR10+.
The triple camera setup on the rear includes a primary 12 Megapixel unit with OIS & f/1.8 aperture, a secondary 12 Megapixel ultrawide lens, and a 3rd 12 Megapixel zoom lens. The camera for selfies is that the same for both displays i.e., a ten Megapixel f/2.2 camera.
Under the hood, it’s the top-notch Snapdragon 865+ processor and has 5G support. The processor is paired with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of fast UFS 3.1 storage. The smartphone runs on OneUI 2.1 supported Android 10.
Connectivity options on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/Yes, GPS, and USB Type-C. Sensors on the phone include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor. The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 supports face unlock.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 SM-F916W Firmware Flash Files:
|Flash File Name: SM-F916W_F916WVLS1ATK2_10.0_file.zip
Build Number: F916WVLS1ATK2
Security Patch: December 2020
Android Version: 10.0
Steps to Flash Stock ROM File on Galaxy Z Fold 2 SM-F916W
Before we get straight to the steps to Install Stock Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, let us take a look at the pre-requirements first.
- This Guide is for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 SM-F916W
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable to flash a firmware.
- Charge your device with a minimum of 50% battery backup.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2.
- Download the Samsung SM-F916W firmware flash file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full depth video guide as well.Video Tutorial To Install Firmware
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.