In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to install the Samsung SM-G996U (Galaxy S21 Plus 5G) flash file using the Samsung flash tool (also known as ODIN flash tool). On this page, you will find the official stock firmware file for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G SM-G996U, drivers, and flash tool.
By flashing the Stock ROM file, you can always fix the device software issue such as boot loop, lag, soft brick or hard brick, remove pattern lock, FRP lock, and many more.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G Device Overview
The Samsung Galaxy S21+ features a 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED panel with a refresh rate of 120Hz. It has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The brightness is also quite high, with maximum peak brightness reaching up to 1300 nits. As for the protection, we have the industry best, Gorilla Glass Victus protection in the S21+. For processing power, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 for the Chinese and American market, while the rest of the world gets the Exynos 2100 chipset. Both these processors are built on a 5nm manufacturing process. The Snapdragon 888 is an octa-core processor consisting of one Kryo 680 core clocked at 2.84 GHz, 3 Kryo 680 cores clocked at 2.42 GHz, and four Kryo 680 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. The Exynos 2100 is also an octa-core processor with one Cortex-X1 core clocked at 2.9 GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.8 GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz.
For optics, we get a triple camera setup at the back and a single camera at the front. The rear setup consists of a 12MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 64MP telephoto sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens, and a 12MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The telephoto lens is capable of 1.1x optical zoom and 3x hybrid zoom. One can even capture 8K videos with this rear camera setup. Coming to the front, we get a 10Mp sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens. This setup is also capable of 4K video recording.
The smartphone is available in two storage options: 8GB of RAM with 128GB of internal storage and 12GB of RAM with 256GB of internal storage. The phone comes with Android 11 out of the box, with OneUI 3.1 running on top.
In terms of connectivity, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 3.2. For sensors, we get all the basic ones, which include the under-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer. Again, we have the Samsung exclusive Samsung DeX, Samsung Wireless DeX, Bixby natural language command and dictation, and Samsung Pay. The smartphone is available in six color options: Phantom Black, Phantom Silver, Phantom Violet, Phantom Pink, Phantom Gold, and Phantom Red.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G SM-G996U Firmware Flash Files:
|Flash File Name: SM-G996U_G996USQU1AUA3_11.0_file.zip
Build Number: G996USQU1AUA3
Security Patch: January 2021
Android Version: 11.0
Steps to Flash Stock ROM File on Galaxy S21 Plus 5G SM-G996U
Before we get straight to the steps to Install Stock Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G, let us take a look at the pre-requirements first.
- This Guide is for Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G SM-G996U
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable to flash the firmware.
- Charge your device with a minimum of 50% battery backup.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G.
- Download the Samsung SM-G996U firmware flash file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.