Last updated on April 5th, 2021 at 09:13 pm
New Updated on April 5, 2021: Today Vivo started rolling the latest security patch version for the Vivo Nex S and A which carries build number PD1805F_EX_A_8.70.8. We have shared the download link to firmware along with the installation guide.
Vivo Nex S and A is a brand new smartphone with complete bezel-less design. The device brings the POP-up selfie camera which is hidden at the top. Looking to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Nex S and A? then you are in the right place. Now install the official Stock firmware on Vivo Nex S/A. Vivo launched the latest smartphone called Vivo Nex S/A. It came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo with FunTouch OS 4. Here we will guide you to install the official Stock ROM on Vivo Nex S/A using the software known as QFIL Tool, Formally also called Qualcomm Flash Image Loader. If you have installed Custom ROM or bricked your device, then this guide will be helpful to fix back to Stock ROM or unbrick it.
Android always opens the door to various possibilities such as flashing custom ROM or kernel or APK modding etc. These feats can be achieved by providing root access to your device or simply rooting your phone. In today’s date, rooting or customizing is no rocket science, but people perform these process carelessly. Certain users hastily carry out the modding/rooting process without properly following instructions. It leads to bricking of the device. It can happen with any device. In this post, we will tell you how you can restore or unbrick Vivo Nex S/A back to the previous working condition.
The guide is simple and easy! All you have to do is simply download the below-given firmware files and tools on your PC and then follow the given instruction to install the Stock ROM on Vivo Nex S/A using QFIL Tool. Yes, this guide is also helpful to recover, unroot or fix any software malfunctioning problem.
- 1 Vivo Nex S/A Specifications:
- 2 How to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Nex S/A
- 3 The Advantage Of Stock ROM:
- 4 Firmware Details:
- 5 Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Vivo Nex S/A:
Vivo Nex S/A Specifications:
Going down the specs lane, the two of Vivo Nex S/A devices are similar in most aspects. But given its feature, the Vivo Nex S/A S is futuristic of the two. A 6.59 inches FHD+ Super AMOLED display screen is on the face of the devices. With 1080×2316 pixels resolution, it is in 19.3:9 aspect ratio. Vivo opted for a SoundCasting technology for sound production on the device, instead of a regular speaker. The Nex S comes with a third generation in-display fingerprint sensor. The Nex A comes with a fingerprint sensor at the back of the device.
Vivo Nex S/A S runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, 4 GB RAM and 128 GB and 256 GB internal storage options, Nex A has a low powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 one with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage.
The major highlight of the device is the ‘pop-up’ selfie camera. An 8 MP selfie camera rises when using the camera app for selfies and hides when not in use “automagically” using a spring-loaded motor. Being a flagships Vivo Nex S/As do have a dual camera lay out the back. A 12 MP Sony IMX363 sensor at f/1.8 aperture, with four-axis optical image stabilization. And 5 MP secondary camera at f/2.4 aperture takes care of image capture.
How to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Nex S/A
Remember this guide is also very much needed in case of upgrade or downgrade the firmware on Vivo Nex S/A. First of all, download the software, Smartphone Flashtool on your PC and then flash your phone back to Stock ROM. We request you to read the steps carefully before upgrading Vivo Nex S/A using this guide.
The Advantage Of Stock ROM:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Vivo Nex S/A
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Vivo Nex S/A
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Vivo Nex S/A
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Bootleggers ROM v2.2: Complete Guide and List of Supported device [8.1 Oreo]
- List of Supported AOKP Oreo 8.1 – Official and Unofficial
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- List of Supported Devices to receive Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM [Official/Unofficial]
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)
READ THIS CAUTION:
So before jumping into the manual upgradation setup, please make sure you have a good amount juice with at least 80% Charge. If not please charge the phone. Backup your phone in case if you need it later. If you brick the device we are not responsible. Do it at your own risk. Remember this guide is to update the Stock ROM on Vivo Nex S/A.
- Gapps File: Included
- Device Supported: Vivo Nex S/A
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
- Tool Supported: QFIL
- Language Supported: Multi-Language
- Build: PD1805F_EX_A_8.70.8
|Vivo Nex A Firmware
|Download||PD1806_A_2.12.3 Funtouch OS 4|
|Vivo Nex S Firmware|
|Download||PD1805_A_1.14.5 Funtouch OS 4|
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Vivo Nex S/A:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- Charge your phone: Before you proceed with the below information, you are recommended to ensure that your Vivo Nex S/A is at least 50% charged.
- Laptop or PC: To carry out this installation, you need a PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup: The very first thing to pay attention to is taking the device backup. You might not be able to take the backup of phone data, however, if you have inserted a memory card in your device, remove it at least to save it.
- Qualcomm Flash image loader: Download QFIL Tool
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Vivo USB Drivers. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download: Download the above-required files on your PC.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]
Disclaimer: We at Getdroidtips.com cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong. Take your own risk!
Instructions to Install on Vivo Nex S/A via Recovery:
- Download the ROM update file and move it your phone’s internal storage
- Now boot your phone into recovery and follow our guide
- Now tap on Update and load the downloaded file
- Now your phone will start upgrading to the new update.
Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
I hope you installed the Stock ROM on Vivo Nex S/A successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.