Recently Vivo has launched its new model Vivo S6 with 5G support. The phone has a Waterdrop notch display of a 6.4-inch super AMOLED screen size. If you’re the Vivo S6 5G user and looking for the official Stock Firmware to download, you can follow this full guide below. Here you can check the Stock ROM flash file on Vivo S6 5G. We have also put up the stock firmware advantages, firmware info, and requirements for your ease.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to done customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the boot loop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the boot loop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the Vivo S6 5G device runs on Exynos chipset, we will provide you the firmware installation method using the AFTool.
Vivo S6 5G Device Overview
Vivo S6 comes with a super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display with 16-million colors, 6.4-inch of screen size with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The phone comes with 8Gb of RAM, which is good for gaming purposes, and you can do multitask with ease. S6 has two option available for internal storage 128GB and 256GB. However, there is no slot for the MicroSD i.e you cant expand the internal storage. S6 is processed by Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A77 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex A55) processor and chipset of Exynos 980 (8 nm). It runs on Android 10 Oreo and Funtouch 10.0 OS. All the necessary apps are pre-installed on the phone by the manufacturer. Having Funtouch OS improves phone security.
There are four Rear cameras on the device having 48 MP f/1.79 (Digital Zoom) camera,8 MP f/2.25, Wide Angle (field-of-view), Ultra-Wide Angle (field-of-view) camera,2 MP f/2.4 camera,2 MP f/2.4, depth camera which is the key feature of this model. You can have professional-level pictures. The Front has a 32 MP f/2.0 Camera, which I more than enough to have perfect selfies.
The phone has dual Nano SIM-card slots; both slots support GSM, 3G,4G, and 5G connectivity. Other connectivity options like WLAN, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, headphone jack, and USB Type-C are all included. S6 has Fingerprint on-screen, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and magnetometer sensors. It has a 4500mAh non-removal lithium-ion battery, which supports 18W of fast charging.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of bootloop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- You can unbrick your bricked Vivo S6 5G.
- Fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Vivo S6 5G.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove the root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Vivo S6 5G.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
- Device Supported: Vivo S6 5G PD1963
- Tool Supported: AFTools
- Android OS: 10 Q
- Funtouch OS: 10
- Processor: Exynos 980 SoC
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Steps to Flash Stock ROM File on Vivo S6 5G PD1963
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Vivo S6 5G. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download Vivo AFTool and install it on your PC.
- Install the Latest Vivo USB Drivers
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool, and drivers for the Vivo S6 5G from the link below.
Download Firmware File:
- PD1962_A_1.5.9: Download | Mirror [Full ROM]
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.Guide to Install Vivo Firmware on any Vivo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via AFTool:
- Launch the Vivo aftools to flash the ROM
- In the AFTool, locate your firmware file which you downloaded.
- Boot your device into EDL mode
- You can now connect your phone to a PC in fastboot or EDL mod.
- Click Start to upgrade your firmware
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Vivo S6 5G PD1963. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubts, do let us know.