Sometimes, users do not prefer navigating with the help of Bixby; therefore, in this article, we shall guide our readers on how to turn off Voice Guide on their Samsung TVs. The methods listed in this article should work across all Samsung Smart TVs available in the market.
Samsung’s TVs have been at the top of the market for years. They offer great features and quality for their midrange to premium price tags. However, some users are facing issues where they are unaware of or unable to turn off the voice assistant feature available on their Samsung TVs.
Many of us must be familiar with voice assistants like – Siri, Alexa, Cortana, Google Assistant, and so on. They all help us guide through our devices with the help of our voice, which makes navigating much easier. Samsung devices use Bixby as an assistant.
- What is a Voice Guide on Samsung TV?
- How to Turn off Voice Guide on Samsung TV
- Some points to be noted regarding the Voice Guide Feature
What is a Voice Guide on Samsung TV?
Samsung’s website provides a neat definition of what a Voice Guide is. Let us have a look at it.
Voice guide feature describes menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired. If Voice Guide is enabled, the TV provides voice guides for actions such as changing the channel or adjusting the volume, and reads out information regarding current and upcoming programs, viewing schedules, and various content on the Internet, Search, and other TV functions.
Samsung’s website says the Voice Guide was particularly only developed for the Visually Impaired, which might not be true. Instead of pressing multiple buttons, users can activate the voice assistant and access channels, change volume, etc., with ease.
How to Turn off Voice Guide on Samsung TV
We will now look at some methods to turn off the voice guide on your Samsung Smart TV.
Method 1: Turning off Voice Guide via Settings
Turning off via the settings is fairly simple, users must follow these steps.
- Navigate to Home from your remote –> Head over to Menu.
- Select Settings and then All Settings.
- Go to the General & Privacy category –> Choose Accessibility.
- Look for Voice Guide Settings –> Disable Voice Guide.
Samsung TVs have a shortcut that will directly lead the users to the Voice Guide option. To do this, follow these steps.
- Hold any one of the volume buttons for 2-3 seconds.
- A new window that displays the users with Voice Guide settings will open up
- Press the Select button on your remote to turn off the Voice Guide.
Method 3: With the help of the Menu Button to disable Voice Guide (Older TVs)
Samsung’s Older devices have this feature as well. To disable it, users must follow these steps.
- Press the Menu button on your remote.
- Go to Menu –> System –> Accessibility and select the Voice Guide option.
- Turn off the Voice Guide option.
Method 4: Disabling Voice Guide with the help of voice commands
You may disable the voice guide on your Samsung TV with the help of voice commands. To do this, users must follow these steps.
- Hold the Microphone button on your remote.
- In the microphone of your remote, say “Turn off Voice Guide.”
- This will turn off Voice Guide without requiring any effort from the user.
Method 5: Turn off Audio Description (Older TVs)
Older TVs made by Samsung also have something called Audio Description. To turn this off, users must follow these steps.
- Go to Menu –> Sound or Sound Mode.
- Select Broadcast and choose the Audio Language option.
- If you see English AD on your screen, the audio description feature has been enabled.
- To disable it, change the setting to English only from English AD.
Some points to be noted regarding the Voice Guide Feature
Samsung’s website has some notes regarding the Voice Guide for its users. Let us go through them one by one.
- If Voice Guide is set to off or muted by the user, Voice Guide for Accessibility Shortcuts will still be enabled and function as it is supposed to do.
- If you have trouble turning off the Voice Guide, you may check your Samsung TV for any software updates.
- Some bugs or glitches can be fixed by restarting your Samsung TV.
Voice Guides is a great accessibility setting on Samsung’s Smart TVs. It helps you use your Smart TV if you have eye disabilities. However, for regular users, it can get distracting. Hopefully, this guide has helped you turn off the Voice Guide on your Samsung smart TV using our suggested easy-to-follow methods.