In this guide, we will tell you How To Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Y Max (ARS-L22) and also root it as well. With TWRP, you can take a full backup of your device data and most importantly flash custom ROMs on the device. Smartphone enthusiasts these days have a lot of affinity for customizing their phones.
TWRP will bridge all that gap between the user and the device as well as the third party software. In this post, we have put up the latest TWRP for Huawei Y Max and also detailed out the installation process. So, check it out.
What is TWRP and what are its advantages.?
TWRP is the shortened form for the TeamWin Recovery Project. It is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that enables the users to install third-party and customized firmware. Also, users can back up their device, which is not unsupported by stock recovery images.
Now let’s see what are some advantages of installing TWRP on the device. It allows you to install custom ROMs, recoveries, Xposed Modules, and other modifications. This is not all. You can also root our phone, create Nandroid backups, over-clock to improve the efficiency of your device.So, let’s check out how to install TWRP recovery on Huawei Y Max.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Y Max (ARS-L22)
Before beginning with the TWRP installation, you need to have some tools with you which are necessary for this process. We have put that up the section below.
- This Guide is to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Y Max (ARS-L22)
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on Huawei Y Max.
- Get a Laptop or PC.
- Download Magisk or Super SU.zip
- Get the battery charge your phone to at least 70%
- Install the Latest Huawei USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows and For Mac Click Here.
Here is the download link for the TWRP for Huawei Y Max
Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Y Max (ARS-L22)
Now if you have downloaded all the files and crosschecked all the pre-requisites, then we can follow along with the installation steps. You will need to download some additional files to use this method.
- First of all, make sure to enable the Developer Option and USB debugging
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings –> System -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now go to Developer option in the settings and Enable USB debugging
- Toggle on USB debugging by tapping on the toggle button
- That’s it. You have enabled USB debugging.
- Now open the ADB and FASTBOOT folder and open the command window / PowerShell by holding SHIFT key + Press right click on the mouse.
- Turn off your Huawei Y Max and Press Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to open Fastboot mode or enter the command [to enter the command, you need to connect your phone to PC using USB Cable.
adb reboot bootloader
- You need to check if your Huawei Y Max is connected properly by typing the command below
- Now to install TWRP Recovery, type the following command in the command window.
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on Huawei Y Max.
What is Rooting and What are its Advantages
Rooting is getting access to the root directory of the device. it is basically getting the superuser permits to perform customizations and modifications on the device. People normally associate rooting with hacking, but that is entirely a different concept.
Rooting has multi-fold advantages. you can increase the efficiency of your device by removing bloatware, overclocking the device, increase battery life, block ads system-wide. Moreover, you can flash custom ROMs of your choice.
How to Root Huawei Y Max
We have put up both methods to root our device which is either by SuperSU or Magisk. Check it out below.Root Huawei Y Max Using SuperSU How to Root Huawei Y Max Using Magisk
So, that’s it, guys. Now you know how to Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Y Max and Root it. So, try it out if you like to experiment with customizations on your phone. We hope that this guide was useful to you.