Have you bought the Samsung Galaxy F62 handset or planning to get one? If yes then you should be one of the active Android users who love to customize their devices a lot due to the facility of bootloader unlocking, third-party firmware flashing, rooting, etc.
To recall, it’s the first and the most important thing to unlock your device bootloader so that your handset becomes eligible to go through system-level customizations. Sounds great? Here you can check out how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy F62 very easily.
Samsung Galaxy F62 Device Overview
The Samsung Galaxy F62 features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x2400 and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we have the very capable Exynos 9825, which is an octa-core processor we have seen in past Samsung smartphones. This is an old flagship processor from Samsung, which has an octa-core construction. We get two Exynos M4 cores clocked at 2.73 GHz, two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2.40 GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.95 GHz.
In terms of optics, we have a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The quad-camera setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 12MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 5MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. Coming to the front side, we get a single 32MP sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens. Both the front and back camera setups are capable of 4K video recording, making it a great buy for people who like to vlog a lot.
The smartphone comes with Android 11 out of the box with One UI 3.1 skin on top. We get two storage options for the F62: 6GB + 128GB and 8GB + 128GB. We do get a slot for storage expansion via a MicroSD card. In terms of communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0.
For sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. The 7,000 mAh battery inside the smartphone supports 25W fast charging, and the 25W adapter comes included in the box. The smartphone is available in three color options: Laser Green, Laser Gray, and Laser Blue. The base variant of the smartphone starts at 23,999 INR, while the higher variant is priced at 25,999 INR.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy F62, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy F62 is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before unlocking the bootloader, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy F62 get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy F62
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network with internet access and have enough charge.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > Wi-Fi > Connect to the network.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Check for firmware update from the Software update option and then download and install.
- If an update is available, install it first.
- Once done, you’ll need to enable the Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to the Settings menu > About phone > Software information > Tap on Build number 7-8 times until it shows ‘You’re now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking [If prompted, allow it].
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and DOWN button on your Galaxy F62 and connect it to your PC
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Once in the Download/Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume Up key until you can see the “Unlock Bootloader” screen.
- Press the Volume Up key again to confirm the bootloader unlock process.
- If prompted that all of the device data will be deleted, just proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will reboot.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy F62. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.