The Samsung Galaxy F62 is a new mid-range smartphone and only the second model in the recently introduced F series. The device runs on One UI 3.1 based on Android 11 and features a 6.7-inch full-HD+ display powered by octa-core Exynos 9825 SoC, coupled with 6GB and 8GB RAM options.
Samsung finally started pushing their new major OS update, One UI 4.0 for the Galaxy F62 based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number E625FDDU2BVC3 for users in Spain and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Samsung has included the latest January 2022 Security patch, which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Samsung Galaxy F62 Device Overview:
The Samsung Galaxy F62 features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x2400 and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we have the very capable Exynos 9825, which is an octa-core processor we have seen in past Samsung smartphones. This is an old flagship processor from Samsung, which has an octa-core construction. We get two Exynos M4 cores clocked at 2.73 GHz, two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2.40 GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.95 GHz.
In terms of optics, we have a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The quad-camera setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 12MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 5MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. Coming to the front side, we get a single 32MP sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens. Both the front and back camera setups are capable of 4K video recording, making it a great buy for people who like to vlog a lot.
The smartphone comes with Android 11 out of the box with One UI 3.1 skin on top. We get two storage options for the F62: 6GB + 128GB and 8GB + 128GB. We do get a slot for storage expansion via a MicroSD card. In terms of communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0.
For sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. The 7,000 mAh battery inside the smartphone supports 25W fast charging, and the 25W adapter comes included in the box. The smartphone is available in three color options: Laser Green, Laser Gray, and Laser Blue. The base variant of the smartphone starts at 23,999 INR, while the higher variant is priced at 25,999 INR.
One UI 4.0 Upgrade and Features
One UI 4.0, which is based on Android 12 brings an entirely new UI design with a simplified color palette feature and the game-changer Android 12’s material YOU design that lets users significantly personalize the look and feel of the UI. The dark mode is now been expanded to all app icons and the camera UI adds ease to use and is better than the last version.
Android 12 One Ui 4.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on April 19, 2022: Today, Samsung rolled their February 2022 security patch update to the Indian users with software version E625FDDU2BVC3. The update is based on Android 12.
Updated on June 05, 2022: Samsung started seeding May 2022 security patch update for the device with software version E625FDDS2BVE1. The update is based on Android 12.
Download Android 12 | One UI 4.0 Update:
|Build Number: E625FDDS2BVE1
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: E625FDDU2BVC3
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Samsung F62
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 4.0 update based on Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy F62, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy F62 battery charged at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy F62.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 12 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy F62. In order to flash Android 12 (One UI 4.0) on Samsung Galaxy F62, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 12 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy F62.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy F62 to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy F62.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.