Here we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader on Honor 10 Lite. As we all know, Huawei has officially stopped providing the unlock code to unlock the bootloader on any Huawei devices since long back. But we have something unofficial here. An XDA well-known member who is popularly known by the name FunkyHuawei has introduced an unofficial unlock code which can unlock your Huawei bootloader. This process is not for free. You may need to pay for this service from their official website.
Well, bootloader unlock helps the device in many cases. There are few who find this phone to be filled with bloatware that they want to remove completely. As we know, Huawei uses its own skin called Emotion UI or EMUI. Therefore Some users don’t like Huawei’s EMUI interface, so they may want to try out the different custom firmware. To try out all this, one may have to unlock the bootloader first. If you are looking to unlock the bootloader on this device, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to unlock the bootloader on the Honor 10 Lite Smartphone.
By Unlocking Bootloader, your warranty may void. So we recommend you to try this only after the warranty period. You can always try this anytime you want. By unlocking the bootloader on Huawei Honor 10 Lite, you can install any custom recovery, Custom Firmware, and even any supporting mods.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones, and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with an Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP, and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
By Unlocking the bootloader, your warranty can void. So take your own risk. We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- To unlock bootloader on Honor 10 Lite, you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge the Huawei Honor 10 Lite to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Now note your IMEI no by dialing *#06# also make note of the ProductId by dialing # *#1357946#*#*
Required Files on your PC:
Purchase the bootloader unlock code
Since Huawei has officially stopped providing unlock code to unlock the bootloader on any Huawei device. These third-party services came to rescue us. Well, we know Huawei use to provide the unlock code for free, but now you need to pay the price ranging from 20$ to 60$ for the unlock code. Here are the few third party sites which provide unlock code to unlock bootloader on Honor 10 Lite. All you need is to provide them your device IMEI number and they will send the unlock code within 14 days of time period.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Honor 10 Lite:
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings –> System -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now go to Developer option in the settings and Enable OEM unlock
- Once you have got the unlock code, then save the unlock code somewhere safe
- Now open the ADB and FASTBOOT folder and open the command window / PowerShell by holding SHIFT key + Press right click on the mouse.
- Turn off your phone and Press Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to open Fastboot mode or enter the command [to enter command, you need to connect your phone to PC using USB Cable.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now unlock your device’s bootloader with this command line.
fastboot oem unlock ******
You need to replace the ****** with the unique unlock code which you purchased. Check your email!
- Once it is done, you can reboot your phone. Now you can install TWRP Recovery, Custom Kernel, Root or even install Custom ROM. Enjoy!
To boot into Fastboot mode, type the below command in the black window:
adb reboot bootloader
To Unlock, you can even type the command with unlock code that you received from Huawei
fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
That’s it! You have unlocked the bootloader Huawei Honor 10 Lite smartphone.
Huawei Honor 10 Lite Specifications:
Huawei Honor 10 Lite features a 6.21 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 Hisilicon Kirin 710 12 nm processor coupled with 3/4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 512GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Honor 10 Lite comes with dual 13 MP + 2MP camera, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, HDR, panorama and 24 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Honor 10 Lite runs on Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 and backed by Li-Po 3400 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the Back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.