This guide is to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo P2 (P2a42) Smartphone. If you unlock bootloader you may void the warranty. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is unlocking below. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo P2 (P2a42). Try this only on Lenovo P2 (P2a42) smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on Lenovo P2 (P2a42) is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technology stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
About Lenovo P2 (P2a42)
Lenova Vibe K5 Plus launched in February 2016. The handset features a 5.00-inch display at a resolution of 1080 X 1920 pixels with 441 pixels per inch. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor coupled by 2GB RAM. The Lenova Vibe K5 Plus is backed by a 2750mAh removable battery. It sports a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card. The handset runs on runs Android 5.1 Lollipop with companies own UI out of box. Other Connectivity options include Dual Sim, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, FM, 3G, 4G
PRE-REQUISITE TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Lenovo P2 (P2a42)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will Loose warranty if you unlock bootloader, So prepare for it.
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Backup your Smartphone.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What Do You need ?
ALSO RELATED POST :
- How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 13 On Lenovo P2
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Lenovo P2 (P2a42)
STEPS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Lenovo P2 (P2a42)
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlock bootloader by entering the following command in the command screen. Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem unlock
- That’s it ! Your device will be unlocked. hah! Have fun!
If you have any querries or doubts related to unlock bootloader on Lenovo P2 (P2a42), Please leave a comment below. Thank you