Here in this guide, we will share with you an in-depth guide to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola One Vision via ADB Fastboot. Similar to the Android smartphones, Motorola One Vision handset also comes with a locked bootloader. The handset runs on Android 9.0 Pie under Android One out-of-the-box. Therefore, it can be unlocked easily with a few steps which are mentioned below.
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and important step in the Android rooting process.
Motorola One Vision Specifications: Overview
The handset comes with an industry-first 21:9 CinemaVision 6.3-inches Full-HD+ display with a punch-hole camera. It also packs a 4D Corning Gorilla Glass protection with gradient colors like sapphire and bronze at the back side. The device is powered by Samsung Exynos 9610 octa-core processor coupled with 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB/128GB of internal storage variants. While the storage can be expanded up to 1TB via a dedicated MicroSD card.
The Motorola One Vision gives you an advanced Quad Pixel technology. It combines four pixels into one large 1.6µm pixel, the 48MP sensor delivers four times the light sensitivity. You’ll get sharp 12MP photos with improved brightness and reduced image noise. The rear camera sensor also comes with optical image stabilization (OIS) and a new Night Vision mode.
Meanwhile, on the front side, the device packs a single 25MP selfie camera provides high-quality photos with low light mode, 1.8µm Quad Pixel technology, AI Portrait mode, etc.
Unlock Bootloader: Overview
The Bootloader is a program that starts whenever a device is powered on to activate the right operating system. It packages the instructions to boot the OS from the kernel. Like a smartphone, tablet, or PC, etc.
A Locked or Unlocked Bootloader is what gives you access to root a device easily. If you root your device, it means you have superuser or administrator access to the operating system that runs on your phone. Therefore, you can change some of the system settings, manage customizations, tweaks, etc.
Unlocking your Android Device Bootloader may get security issues. Android users often unlock their device bootloaders to root and install Custom ROMs. But it may void your device warranty sometimes. If your device bricked or stuck into bootloops, etc. For the same reason, Android doesn’t come rooted, smartphone OEMs also don’t want to unlock bootloader or root your device. It’s totally your choice and needs.
- To Unlock Bootloader on Motorola One Vision via ADB Fastboot, you need a laptop or PC.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- It’s highly recommended you to take a complete backup of your device internal data. All of your device data will delete.
- You need a USB cable to connect your device with PC.
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it.
- Download the Motorola USB Drivers for your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola One Vision via ADB Fastboot
- First, you need to enable the Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- In order to do this, go to your device Settings > About > Software Information > More > tap on the Build Number for 7 times to see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Now, go back to the main settings menu > search Developer Options > tap on it > turn on the OEM Unlock and USB Debugging settings.
- Download and extract the ADB Fastboot zip file on your PC.
- Now, connect your Motorola phone to the computer via USB cable and install the Motorola USB Drivers on your PC.
- Go to the zui unlock website and fill all the required information and click on the submit application button to apply for device-specific unlock.
- Now, wait for a while and you will get an email with a file then download that file and copy it in your ADB folder.
- Go to the installed ADB Fastboot folder and open a command prompt window by pressing Shift + Right Mouse button click in a blank area > click on Open Command Prompt here.
- Now, type the following command in the command prompt and press enter:
- This command will list the connected device serial number. If your phones serial number shows up there then you are good to go. (If not listed, then re-install the USB Driver and retry typing the above command)
- Now, if the phone is listed then proceed to the next step with the following command and press enter:
fastboot oem lock
- After the above command has finished executing, finally type and enter the following command:
- Now, your phone will reboot. Wait for a while and your device will boot into the system again.
- That’s it. Now, your device bootloader is free to use.
Hope this guide will be helpful to you. Feel free to write your comments in the below.