Here we will guide on how to unlock bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus smartphone. Read the guide properly before trying to unlock.
Nokia 7 Plus smartphone was launched in February 2018. Today we will guide you on How to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus. So before installing TWRP, Nokia 7 Plus should be unlocked. So here is the full guide to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus Smartphone. If you unlock the bootloader you may void the warranty. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is unlocking below. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus. Try this only on Nokia 7 Plus smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
Nokia 7 Plus was launched in February 2018. The device features a 6.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Nokia 7 Plus comes with Dual 12MP rear Camera with phase detection autofocus and dual-LED (dual tone) flash and 16MP front shooting camera with autofocus. Nokia 7 Plus runs on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3800 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor in the rear.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus. Official Bootloader Unlock for Nokia 7 Plus will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked bootloader, then you can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So read carefully before doing something wrong.
What you need:
- This Update is only for Nokia 7 Plus users.
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have Nokia USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools. Watch Video on How to Install ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Instructions to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now follow the method given here to unlock bootloader on your Nokia 7 Plus
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into Android, and enjoy!